Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding 4500 miles this month with a perfectly running bike, I get to Shark Week III and had to abort the long ride to the North Rim with Troy because of a bad miss in my engine. Total frustration!

I limped back to the dealer and waited for over two hours for them to diagnose the problem. Unfortunately, because it wasn't throwing any codes, they were stumped and couldn't fix it. So they blamed the TTS tuner that is part of the Stage 1 upgrade I have from Fullsac.

In frustration, I called Steve.

He asked me exactly two questions: "Was the bike running good before the misfire problem? and "How many miles on the bike?"
I answered "Yes" and "26000".
His next words were "Replace both O2 sensors"

I went to Zion Harley Davidson (a SW III sponsor and a nice dealer. Picked up two sensors ( with my SW discount).
Twenty minutes later I had the sensors replaced. I didn't even have to remove the heat shields, the Fullsac header is an excellent design.

The bike now runs better than new.

I love the Fullsac product and support.

Steve, thank you and thanks for being a Shark Week sponsor.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
830 Posts
I love good customer support! :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's a sad day when a trained HD mechanic only relies on a scanning device to diagnose a problem. Good thing there are still old schoolguys that can diagnose a problem based on a description.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Too bad the dealership guys were idiots. The fuel system is controlled by the O2 sensors, yet they couldnt be bothered to check their outputs?
Btw, the TTS is a fine product, but the Power Vision would have told you in about 30 sec what was wrong, while you were riding. Of course you too would have had to know what to look for.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Sorry you had to miss the ride. I'm happy to hear you found a solution. I was next to you when you peeled off. Hope to ride with you again one day.

·
Registered
463 Posts
After riding 4500 miles this month with a perfectly running bike, I get to Shark Week III and had to abort the long ride to the North Rim with Troy because of a bad miss in my engine. Total frustration!

I limped back to the dealer and waited for over two hours for them to diagnose the problem. Unfortunately, because it wasn't throwing any codes, they were stumped and couldn't fix it. So they blamed the TTS tuner that is part of the Stage 1 upgrade I have from Fullsac.

In frustration, I called Steve.

He asked me exactly two questions: "Was the bike running good before the misfire problem? and "How many miles on the bike?"
I answered "Yes" and "26000".
His next words were "Replace both O2 sensors"

I went to Zion Harley Davidson (a SW III sponsor and a nice dealer. Picked up two sensors ( with my SW discount).
Twenty minutes later I had the sensors replaced. I didn't even have to remove the heat shields, the Fullsac header is an excellent design.

The bike now runs better than new.

I love the Fullsac product and support.

Steve, thank you and thanks for being a Shark Week sponsor.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have been debating doing stage one upgrades for the second episode of the road glide podcast. I wonder if steve would be up for a interview. I think I will shoot him a email today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts