Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So all the things the dealer and I talked about (stage 1 and eventually a stage 3 displacement upgrade) are not actually available for this bike...that's not very good business if you ask me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So, I just called Laidlaw's and San Diego and got similar responses from the service managers: "The last we heard... and this isn't official... is that we shouldn't expect them this year". They both also said "Just so you know, it's not Harley's fault... somebody in Sacramento is sitting on this... and believe us, we've got people waiting to spend big bucks on Stage 4 so we're hurting too... we're just as ticked off"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So all the things the dealer and I talked about (stage 1 and eventually a stage 3 displacement upgrade) are not actually available for this bike...that's not very good business if you ask me.
Well, to be fair, HD has been promising dealers (and owners who called owner support) California approval was definitely coming... and a few 2021 tunes were approved in May/June which had everybody feeling things were moving along.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow. Ok, well, looks like I'm going to be happy with what I have for now! Just to note...this is how government takes over...it's not by force anymore.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Sounds like I am going to have to find me a "spare" ecm.
you could do that. but then you'd also have to get another tuner. remember, 1 vin per tuner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you could do that. but then you'd also have to get another tuner. remember, 1 vin per tuner.
Nah, for that ecm I would buy an aftermarket tuner, then swap back to the factory ecm if I ever needed to cash in my warranty, haha.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Scorched Orange/Silver Flux
62 Posts
Nah, for that ecm I would buy an aftermarket tuner, then swap back to the factory ecm if I ever needed to cash in my warranty, haha.
From what I have read that won't work. The info is stored in the BCM that the ECM was changed and will show up on their Digital Tech. They will then promptly void the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody heard anything about the Cali tuner issue...Shit is fuckin with my spirit..49 states and still waiting for 50...

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
This one will void the warranty for sure though, right?
In my opinion, yes it would void your power train warranty. If/when a H-D tech plugs your bike into the digital tech, H-D will see you have a Cali bike with a H-D tune, which has not been approved for Cali. H-D has to follow the epa rules or get hammered again with fines and who knows what else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shit is crazy...Im trying to find solutions to this even if I cancel my warrenty it doesn't look like it's solution unless I live in the other 49 states. If someone that lives in Cali got solid info on ways to skin this snake please TAP IN? We in Sept 22 coming out next month and the 21's ain't even approved yet..WE NEED A PETITION STAND!!!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
We in Sept 22 coming out next month and the 21's ain't even approved yet..WE NEED A PETITION STAND!!!
actually, the 2022s won't be released until early next year.

but yeah, i can understand your frustration. but it isn't on hd, it's on california.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spoke to Vance and Hindes via text and they are releasing something in Dec/Jan for Cali but so is HD around the same time frame. They are in the test phase with it as we speak. They have the maps from the Cali EPA board..So what's the slow down with HD is the question...hmmmm

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Fuel Moto is taking pre orders for the newer Power Vision that will work with 2021’s. They say expected ship date is October

Reactions: MaxA
21 - 40 of 67 Posts