Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right On might have to put my order in
. I just got off the phone with sales / tech with Fuelmotorusa right now they don’t know if it will work with the California bikes because of the emission laws. I was gonna pre order one …but if it doesn’t work , I don’t want another $500 paper weight!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imma just wait on TTS..Spoke to my motor mec today in depth in Cali about my build just gone wait this shit out and stack my chips so I'm ready..Might by few parts here and there in preparation. Spoke to HD as well and the sent me a survey after that. Tired of chasing my fuckin tail on this shit..I still can rip and ride.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
632 Posts
. I just got off the phone with sales / tech with Fuelmotorusa right now they don’t know if it will work with the California bikes because of the emission laws. I was gonna pre order one …but if it doesn’t work , I don’t want another $500 paper weight!
California emission laws ! How about Non existent land management and the resulting fires have done more harm to air quality, loss of life , and personal property than our motorcycles.
Beautiful place Now I hear the giant sequoias are burning.Global warming! Should be called Global crime.How sad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right On might have to put my order in
Okay new update, I talk with one the main tech and yes it will work with California bikes. But the only catch is that they won’t send it to California. You’ll have to have it sent to other state.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay new update, I talk with one the main tech and yes it will work with California bikes. But the only catch is that they won’t send it to California. You’ll have to have it sent to other state.
And yes I did put my order in, it is pre order and when you do put it in , they want to know what your upgrades are ex. Exhaust , cams and air intake. They will pre program it for you, so it’s a plug and play. Hope this helps and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you heard anything new? Now it’s October
No I haven’t yet , and yes am sure we will start be mid October, someone who were one of the first to preorder , hopefully will post something. But I will for sure if received it before or heard something before mid October

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
TTS Mastertune works with 2021 bikes now

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Is the TTS approved for California yet. I know Powervision/TTS was suppose to be out by mid OCTOBER but are they 50 state legal?
Well none of the aftermarket tuners (Non-HD) will keep your warranty intact.

If you are past the 2 year and/or extended warranty period or don’t care about your power train warranty then go for it.

I have a 2020 and installed Cam and TTS after 1 year. I wasn’t going to wait till my warranty was over to get the performance mods completed.

Give Steve at TTS a call for direct info on his products.

Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I'm pretty convinced now that screamin' eagle tunes for the 2021's in California aren't going to happen until next year. I've heard the same comments from multiple dealers all over California now so I've given up for this year. My FLTRX 107 only has 2k miles and not about to void the warranty with an after-market tune. That said... I'm considering 3 things at this point:
  1. Stay with what I have for now (and wait for HD tunes to appear one day)
  2. Do a Stage-2 with torque cam which is the only 2021 touring tune approved for 2021's in California (only for 107 models)
  3. The resale for lightly-used Road Glides right now in California is unbelievable as there's very little new inventory. Considering selling my 2021 standard and getting a RG Special with the 114. I'd get a chrome model and I'll have the slip-ons waiting once the tunes are released.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
1,876 Posts
I'm pretty convinced now that screamin' eagle tunes for the 2021's in California aren't going to happen until next year. I've heard the same comments from multiple dealers all over California now so I've given up for this year. My FLTRX 107 only has 2k miles and not about to void the warranty with an after-market tune. That said... I'm considering 3 things at this point:
  1. Stay with what I have for now (and wait for HD tunes to appear one day)
  2. Do a Stage-2 with torque cam which is the only 2021 touring tune approved for 2021's in California (only for 107 models)
  3. The resale for lightly-used Road Glides right now in California is unbelievable as there's very little new inventory. Considering selling my 2021 standard and getting a RG Special with the 114. I'd get a chrome model and I'll have the slip-ons waiting once the tunes are released.
What mileage is considered "lightly used" if you care to share...just ballpark.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
What mileage is considered "lightly used" if you care to share...just ballpark.
We're seeing 2020-2021 Road Glide Standards with under 10k miles selling QUICKLY for around $25k here in the SF Bay Area. Keep in mind, that's above retail for a NEW model with the navigation and the current $900 HD surcharge on 2021's. There's just no inventory around (unless you want an Electra Glide Revival or Arctic Blast SG... lots of those). Honda and Indian dealers here have virtually ZERO new stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone successfully done a stage 2 torque kit? I have the Harley tuner, and when I hook it up to my bike it still says "no tunes available".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you heard anything new? Now it’s October
Yes fuelmotorusa.com they just came out with the download that will work with all 2021 Harley touring even California bike… now I am still waiting to send mine , but you can purchase it now off the website.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Has anyone successfully done a stage 2 torque kit? I have the Harley tuner, and when I hook it up to my bike it still says "no tunes available".
The tuner won’t show it‘s available until the dealer codes the bike indicating it has the torque cam vs stock.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts