Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my 2012 RGC for a 2015 RGS. It seemed to make sense because I had over 27k miles on the old bike and there was a TON of stuff I wanted to do to it including paint, stereo upgrades, wheels, etc. Going to another new bike that already had these things made sense.

I purchased the bike on Feb. 7th and the bike is still not ready. I went to the dealer today and it seems the holdup is a few missing screws from the Python Rayzor 2into1 exhaust. The dealer has allegedly called Python 3 times now trying to get the missing screws. After looking at the screws, they appear to be normal stainless screws that can be found at the local Tru Value hardware store. What the hell? I told them they need to take a screw, go to the hardware store to match it up, and get the damn bike done. Don't they get paid to think of these things?

They are already on my shit list. I specifically told them I would install the exhaust, air cleaner, and race tuner myself then bring it back to be tuned. They took it upon themselves to install the parts with no signed service order, and both the sales person and service manager (whom I talk to both regularly) admit that they knew I wanted to do the work. And dealerships wonder why they get bad reviews...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Good Luck TLK. That PISSED me off just reading it! Hang in there hopefully when you get the scooter back that will take away most of the pain of this experience!

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Well , at least the work will be free.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the 3rd new HD I've purchased from this dealer, and we've had some ups and downs. The last bike I went elsewhere because the owner of this dealership pissed me off by saying he didn't have time to deal with me on a new bike. I went back to them on this bike to give them another chance and because I felt the deal was too good to turn down. I'm questioning that decision.

My first HD I bought in 1998 from them, so they've known me for a day or two and they know I like to work on my own stuff. To top it off today, the sales guy says that I should get a service manual for the new bike. I looked at him and said "you mean the one I ordered and paid for that is supposed to be delivered with the bike?". SMH

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered my bike and my PIPE on the 19th of October. The bike was born (built) on 24th November and set sail 5 days later arriving on this side of the planet January 13th. Then there was the 2000 mile truck ride to my dealer arriving on the 19th and 3 hours later was ready to be picked up. My pipe arrived 3rd of February.
So yes, it seems exhaust pipes take a lot more building than complete bikes.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
No signed work order! They need to get there shit in order. Go straight to the owner if possible. Then I'd find another dealership. Good luck.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: They claim I should be able to pickup the bike today. If so, I'll post pics tonight. Still no clue about charges, will have to hash it out when I get there. I find negotiating face to face is the best practice. Forces people to commit to things on the spot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No bike no pay for anything. I will not give them a red cent until bike is 100% done and ready. I have witnessed to many times of brand new bikes not being able to be road because some dumb ass forgot to order something. Sometimes you need to give them a little encentive to get it delivered.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did finally pick up the bike last night, just ran out of time (and lighting) to get decent pics. I took a few pics and a video of the exhaust sound - I'll post links at the bottom of this post.

Meanwhile, I didn't pay any labor on the parts they decided to install on their own when I specifically told them I was doing the install. I'm still a little miffed that I got cheated out of the opportunity to install my own parts. That is part of the pleasure to me. Also, while they were dyno tuning the bike and moving it around without the bags on they rubbed a wall and scratched the living piss out of the exhaust outlet. They are ordering a new exit cap to replace what they tore up.

With that being said, a few observations. The bike runs great, but not like my 2012 w/ SE255 cams did. I felt the dyno numbers (81HP 98TQ, SAE) were low. The stage 1 Boom! audio upgrade was $1000. I now have an external amp, upgraded front speakers, and speakers in the saddlebag lids. I'm disappointed in the sound level and quality. I thought this would be an easy solution I would be happy with it, but I'm not. I can see that I will eventually change it all (except the head unit) for better stuff. I don't like how low the factory seat sits, but I have already changed it for the ultra seat I was using on the last bike. This makes me sit a little taller so the 12" Windvest windshield will not be tall enough. I'll have to exchange it for the 14" Windvest.

Other than that, I really do LOVE the new bike, the new features, and I'm looking forward to riding the hell out of this scoot. I've always said that regardless of price I buy them to ride the wheels off and that's what I intend to do.

https://youtu.be/T83DyqZe10Y

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/TLKurtz/library/2015 HD Road Glide

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
FYI, watch out for the "Dog Bone" nut bracket that's two bolts to screw into to secure your muffler to the frame bracket. It can vibrate loose. I replaced mine with a set of lock nuts and lock washers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
184 Posts
Traded in my 2012 RGC for a 2015 RGS...... Don't they get paid to think of these things?
Nope, at least not since accountants and 24 year old MBA's started running companies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts