Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe they are waiting for the shipment to come in from China?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ordered in oct and was told by turkey day. HA HA right.
Canceled my order and got a set from Torch Ind. Very nice and don't look like everyone else's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm trying something new, and I'm gonna be patient. I'll wait till maybe the third week of Feb. and then I'll be cancelling more order. Getting the inner fairing back from paint any day and that will keep me busy for a while. Towards early March I'd like to be rapping this winter mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine Nov.8th, yesterday was told end of Feb delivery. I canceled and went with Buky Assualt RG bars instead. 4 months to maybe get bars is not acceptable to me.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yaffe Monkey bars -- 2015 RG

I was in Pual's shop 12/12/14, got to see the prototype for the 10". Brady said 6-8 weeks at that point. Found out that Yaffe measures the bars differently than others. They really look like 12-14". Cool part is we can use our OEM wire/cables, don't need an additional kit. Trying to force myself to be patient...

Doesn't help I am also waiting for the monkey engine guard eliminator from Yaffe too. 6-8 weeks.

Anyone have something trustworthy so I can ditch my crash bars?

I am also tryng to find a replacement front turn signal eliminator. Anyone have or know of something decent in black?

I hit DirtyBird and Azzkicker while in PHX too. DirtyBird has a scowl in stock, raw, that is actually decent. Swoop side covers there are similar and $200 less than Yaffe too.
Both of these look a lot better than in their catalog.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered monkey bars in earlier December and was told should have in a month. Then a about a week later I talked to them again and then said I wouldn't get them till April. So I cancelled and went with vindikta.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Im not in Yaffes defense...but , if these bars are assembled in his shop then shipped to China for Chrome, its gonna be a Huge Wait. Or if they are made there and Chromed there??? China had a Earthquake of some sort , significant in size , back in October??? This quake f'd up a Huge Chroming Plant that might not just be used by Yaffe , but also gets used by Custom Wheel Makers! There are certain custom wheels that are getting very low on stock and wont get restocked due to this quake for quite some time! And I'd imagine , if Ole Yaff uses this, thats prolly what it is... idk tho, 4 sure. I know the dude (Baggernation) has not turned out , or updated there web-site w/custom completed bike pics in a while either. Wonder if they are waitn on chrome parts two!??? hmmmm?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Maybe they are waiting for the shipment to come in from China"

Slow boat from china comes to mind LOL. I'm gonna give them a couple more weeks, after that f#%k 'em, I'll give someone with more business sense and less ego my business.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll be calling Yaffe's shop later in the week. If I have to wait ANOTHER 6 weeks, I'll be canceling my order. I've been looking at Bunky (spelling ?) bars. Might go that route?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered the new Buky bar for the 2015 RG from Factory 47. I went the black matte powder coat finish. Very nice people, said he would be shipping by weeks end. Hope so...
They are 14in to the top of the meat hooks with the grips basically at 12.5.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Ive seen the 'Vindikta" bars. Alot like Yaffees but bigger round in circumference. More room to fish wires thru, eh! jimho

1 - 20 of 33 Posts