Road Glide banner

Stinger & MMats...Let's See What It Can Do

12K views 74 replies 21 participants last post by  09 YELLOWBIRD 
#1 ·
So after lusting over the tunes put out on his bike by @Mike U I decided to bug him about his audio ways and he put me on the path....thanks Brotha Man

I was able to get the Stinger SPX700X4 and a set of MMats PA601CX all shipped to my door for less than my Advan Black Refund that I had coming from canceling the lowers order - I'll do the lowers over the Winter and add 2 More MMats then but for the rest of the season, I'll be dash tunes only.

At a dealer, start to Finish with the Flash, Amp & (2) speaker Install....(4) Hours? (6) Hours.? - I don't have an "Audio Guy" so need to trust my dealer with their guy (he did my '17 quite well with my old RoKKer Set up) but since I have sourced the components where as before I bundled them all in with the install, curious as to how may hrs they will come at me with.

Watchathink?

#3 ·
I think that keeping it stock shit flew out the window. Long before the bike hit the garage lol. I just love these threads SE. You have to have some helping hands nearby. I know I’d love to spend a day wrenching with you. Of course you might want someone with a bit more experience lol. Still the laughs you’re depriving someone of. I’m gonna guess about 6 - 8 hours.

Reactions: Bevis
#4 ·
What did you pay for that amp ? If you don't mind sharing.

#5 ·
Amazon has 3 left, back under $200. $181, to be exact

Stinger SPX700X4 Micro 4 Channel 700 Watt Powersports Amplifier for Motorcycles, ATV, Marine and Mobile Applications

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 ·
You're very welcome Amigo.
I just PM'd You again with some more info re: Flash.
If I lived closer I'd be right there and install the New Audio System for You.
Best of Luck with everything and keep Us All posted Bro.
Mike U.

#10 ·
Mike U's bike is the real deal! We talk a lot about audio and other things. You cant find a better guy to steer you right for the audio. Absolutely a great dude!
If you can take the seat, tank and fairing off its no big deal really, way easier then the pre-rushmores. With the Rushmore's you will need a line leveler from Biketronics, unless you go with a DSP.
You just saved a bunch of money and with have better sound then what you had before no doubt.
Im sure Mike told you, but on the other forum there is a thread on how to set the gains. Keep us posted on how it turns out

#12 ·
Mike U's bike is the real deal! We talk a lot about audio and other things. You cant find a better guy to steer you right for the audio. Absolutely a great dude!
If you can take the seat, tank and fairing off its no big deal really, way easier then the pre-rushmores. With the Rushmore's you will need a line leveler from Biketronics, unless you go with a DSP.
You just saved a bunch of money and with have better sound then what you had before no doubt.
Im sure Mike told you, but on the other forum there is a thread on how to set the gains. Keep us posted on how it turns out
Thanks Eric!
Eddie and I have been PM'ing about what he wants to do.
I headed him towards the MMats from The Audio Advantage and the Stinger on Amazon and he got them all at great prices.
I've since PM'd him about the Biketronics Leveler in lieu of the Flash just waiting for him to see it.
Mike U.

#11 ·
Dude...bring the parts over to SWX and we'll all install for you. ;)😈😈

#21 ·
SW may not be in the cards for me this year...still too soon to tell - The OL hit me with, "Seeing as Cali is canceled, are we going to go anywhere local like the Shores of Lake Mich in Wisc or Mich?" - I did my best not to get that "Oh Fuck Look" as that vacay fund is now covered up in the garage...but I'll find some way ti make everyone happy

#13 ·
Agreed, you had a shortlist. I’m just wondering when that domino effect starts if you’re able to stop it. Personally I haven’t lol. I must admit though if not fit you I wouldn’t be rolling with this 6.5 Memphis Shade. I read your review on it and it’s perfect for me.

#22 ·
I do love that screen...had it on the '15, '17 & '18...wanted to go a diff route with the one but IMHO, the best looking screen out there to date for sure...who know, may still go back if the KW '14 begins to annoy me - Still adjusting a bit to it

#25 ·
Glad I scooped one up last night at the discounted price.

Reactions: Mike U
#24 ·
I did the stinger 700.4 with MMATS 601 and RF rear lid kit myself. The front pods will need to be “finessed” to get the speakers to fit and situating the amp was a pain (wound up using Velcro and a duct zip tie). I’d expect them to hit you with 6-8h. The off the books stuff is usually straight time (2h) then another hour for wiring. But it’s not hard and you could do it for 1/4 the price even if you had to buy all new tools to do it. Just DIY!

#28 ·
Dude, I'll fuck up a Bowl Of Cap't Crunch...no way in hell I am taking shit part and fucking with electrical or mechanicals - Now, Contracts, Finc Options...thats my bag baby but anything outside of screw drivers and hammers...I'd end up paying more to have someone fix my fuck up...danced that dance before...

I wish I had the talent you lot have when it comes to DIY stuff...I got "Great Looks" instead so I am just playing the cards I'm dealt...but looking damn good doing it

#30 ·
I run the same HU. I have not run it without a amp downstream of it though. The Stinger amp will fit on top of the HU perfectly. Couple pieces of industrial velcro and its not going anywhere
Just my opinion, if your going to put a amp in change speakers.

#29 ·
^^^^
That’s the kinda chopping it up I’m talking about. Someone near you would be glad to help and have comedy like that too lol. Too much

#44 ·
Diamond amp, don't know what one.
PRV speakers in the lowers. They have a horizontal piece that goes across the front of them, just the grill. Don't know what speaker model they are. Maybe the new carbon fiber ones?

#52 ·
Stinger SPX700X4 and a set of MMats PA601CX
I'm going to put this on the bike out in the barn and crank it up and see how far I can walk away and hear it. If it blows the speakers, then I will just have to follow SE into the world of quality sound systems. LOL!

This song would have me scraping floorboards for sure!

Reactions: James
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.