Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a 11" Stingray Shield from Long Ride shields on their Glide? I had a 12" on order but called them today & changed it to an 11" shield. After reading numerous reviews on these shields it appears they are actually taller on the bike than advertised??? Based on that fact I decided on the 11". I am 6ft tall & had one on my SGS I traded that bike the new 17 RGS. Hoping the 11" is ok as it is the dark tint model. Anybody have pics of the 11"??

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
My fiancee is 5'7", she had the 12 and complained she couldn't see over it on the 16, but the 12 on my 10 is fine. We changed to a 10 on the 16 and she's fine with that, so imagine an 11 should be ok.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Did you see the garage sale link to longride shields I posted in the windshield section? You could try several sizes if they have any left.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently put the 12" Stingray on my '16 RGS and I'm 6'1" (6'4" with the afro), and it's perfect for me. I'm able to see over it just fine. The 11" woulda worked just fine too but I wanted to go a little taller to help my wife when 2-up riding. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have an 11" Stingray in medium tint. I'm 5' 9". I see over it unless cresting a sharp hill which either i just look through top or sit up to look over. I'm sure you'll be just fin with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm 6' and have a 12" in medium tint and it's perfect.The tip of the shield should line up with your lips or nose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts