Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is the correct air pressure to run? I try to run about 22 psi but not sure what is too much. Also if riding 2 up when hitting some bad road I will hear what sounds like a "squishing" sound. Does this mean that the are bad and need replaced?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine is an 09. I never ride two up. I have mine at zero.
Book says Zero to 10. I dont think it matters where you set these kind of shocks.....they just need to be replaced with an aftermarket style.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
You need to check the manual for your year. If I remember right 35 was max on my 07 RG unless you had the lower shocks then it was 50. You need to check. Putting 50 in the wrong ones will trash them.
That all changed with the 09's

·
Registered
958 Posts
I run 50 two up - 35 single......

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Check your owners manual to see what is recommended or just play it by your comfort level

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it used and unfortunately do not have an owners manual. I know I need to let go of the cash, get off my dead "ars" and go get one.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I bought it used and unfortunately do not have an owners manual. I know I need to let go of the cash, get off my dead "ars" and go get one.
I have the 07 on CD some where let me look for it I traded the 07 off really have no use for it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be cool. Let me now what you would need for it

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I pumped mine up to 50 psi. I two up alot. Stock shocks are horrible. Stepping up to Arnott air ride when i get some extra loot

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm running 45-48 in my 2011 custom. Momma is happy with it and it's fine when solo.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went ahead and took the air pressure to 30psi and it doesn't feel too bad. I guess I'll just have to play with the pressure to see what works best. Thanks to all for the feedback.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I used to run about 16 lbs in my stock shocks for solo.

The biggest problem I found with them was Im about 210 lbs and riding solo with 0psi or 30 psi there was no sag in the shocks and they were always running topped out, i think this was one of the biggest short commings of the "air system' as well as poor overall damping and with the 12" shocks only 2" of travel

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a 2010 RGC and tried everything possible... ended up around 45psi most of the time if I recall...

A month ago I pulled the trigger on the new Progressive 940's and it was the best 20min project I've done yet.

The bike is a totally different ride... from handling to amazing ride quality... they made a massive improvement and well worth it IMHO!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried all different pressures. 45 psi is good for both single and 2 up. If I am packed up and 2up I go 50 psi. Rgu, 215 lbs driver 120 lbs passenger.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
On an 07 unless you changed it to the lower shocks max is 35 pound for the stock shocks.
The lowered shocks is 50 max
07 RG was different than the SG.

·
Registered
182 Posts
2 up 45 to 50 and momma is happy as well,
Her first ride was with 20 psi from dealer day after I got it and she said it rides like crap local service manager fixxed her up with her own little air gauge and pump, its a little way to make her feel like she works on it tooooo!

:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tried all different pressures. 45 psi is good for both single and 2 up. If I am packed up and 2up I go 50 psi. Rgu, 215 lbs driver 120 lbs passenger.
What if the driver is 120 and the passenger is 215?

JK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts