Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about upgrading my stock audio system. Don't want nothing crazy just an upgrade from the stock deck and speakers without breaking the bank. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have done a lot of reading here, and I am going with the Hawg Wired 6 pack. Quality and customer service are important to me, and guys say Hawg Wired has both.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have done a lot of reading here, and I am going with the Hawg Wired 6 pack. Quality and customer service are important to me, and guys say Hawg Wired has both.
X2

There are cheaper ways of doing an upgrade than the Hawg Wired Six-Pak, but IMO Hawg Wired and JM both offer outstanding systems with great service AFTER the sale.

For the $$$ spent for the quality of sound recieved, I think the Hawg Wired Six Pak is a great value. JM also has some good systems.

Frank at Dragos has really great pricing on Hawg Wired

·
Registered
66 Posts
I personally would stay away from J&M and hawg wired, and purchase something built by a dedicated stereo company.

I run a sony deck, soundstream amp, and hertz 6.5's for a clean and loud set up

·
Registered
852 Posts
I personally would stay away from J&M and hawg wired, and purchase something built by a dedicated stereo company.

I run a sony deck, soundstream amp, and hertz 6.5's for a clean and loud set up
That's all Hawg Wired and JM do is build stereo's for Motorcycles...how much more dedicated do you want them to get???

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So many options out there... I used to be big into car audio about ten years ago but got away from it as I grew up. Stock speakers are just not cutting it though they sound like crap. Guess the main concern with speakers is them being outside a car, how do they handle the weather conditions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's all Hawg Wired and JM do is build stereo's for Motorcycles...how much more dedicated do you want them to get???
I agree wih you. They are dedicated to MOTORCYCLE stereo. Which means they are thinking specialty market. Luxury pricing for lower quality products, that are easy to use. You can buy much better stereo equipment for very close to the same money. It just won't claim it's for a motorcycle, and you will have to think when you install it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Using the biketronics adapter kit with the alpine 149 BT head unit grate set up, like the AVC option the erasing went for their system. The alpine tune app works grate saving tunes an easy switch between tunes for music types.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Jasondoow...

I was on a budget myself and was going to get a "kit in a can" system sort to speak and then after reading many posts here and on other HD audio sites I decided to piece a system together

I set a goal of under 500 I'm under that

I ended up with a soundstream amp PN4.520 "$105" amazon
and to some groans around here, I went with the 7.25 J&M ROKKERS with the mid and tweet cover plate "$321.00" (cycle parts direct) after hearing them on another RG

these forums are tough to get unbiased opinions I have to say, but I'm a complete noob to MC audio so I dont have any loyalty to any specific brands

I know what can be done with MC audio if you want to spend the coin I was in Deadwood last year and a glide pulled up and I absolutely could not beleive the sound quality of that bike! BUT he had over 5000 into it he said...

that dude was a true audio file and an installer as some here are... money or time was no object for him...so I get it that there is almost always better but the key thing is you want to upgrade, not enter audio competitions...

I am blown away by what my combo sounds like for what its worth...its exactly what I wanted for now givin my budget...

so thats my two cents

soundstream pn4.520
j&M 7.25" ROKKERS w/tweets and mids

works for me

·
Registered
63 Posts
To close it out, I went with the Arc Audio MPAK 4 instead of the Hawg Wired system. Got the HD XM module and the Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth adapter, which is a cool little invention!

·
Registered
27 Posts
6.75....?

Will those adapters you suggest work for the 6.75 speakers you also suggested. Just wondering, im doing my first system upgrade and plan on doing it myself. Dont want to run into any surprises ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just installed a Hawg Wired Six Pack. I did lots of research and settled on it. Played a bit of phone tag with Dragos then just called HW direct. Easy install and good sound. I did it in a cpl hours. (Run wires under console and don't bother to remove the tank). I can only turn volume up about halfway before amp starts to clip but even then its better than my stock radio and Hog Tunes speakers. I may even add another pair of speakers eventually.

I also replaced the EZ Pass in my fairing and my cheap aftermarket powered antennae (inside fairing) with one from HD. Don't waste your money. It sucks. The cheapo one worked better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts