Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used set of 12"monkey bars, to good of a deal to pass! My question is can you use the stock length controls ie clutch, brake etc with them. I have heard you can, just want to definitive answers before I buy the extetnion kit. Thank all.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I just installed the 12" Wild1 outlawz and didnt have to change out a single thing other than the brake cable washers so you should be ok. If u want some measurements let me know. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370638236.211046.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370638263.516643.jpg

"If the opposite of pro is con, then that means the opposite of progress is congress"

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to reroute our clutch line? As for the front break line it fits fine?

·
Registered
992 Posts
You will have to re-route the Clutch Cable / Hose, but they will fit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
if these are yaffe bars you will need different cables, I went with 10" and still had to reroute the clutch cable, baggernation.com call and confirm for sure tho. Not to burst your bubble but running your wires internally was a pita, but well worth it

·
Registered
516 Posts
Stock Cables

I just installed a set of 12" Buky Bars, very similar to the PYO Monkey Bars and had plenty of room on clutch, brake, and stock controls..... All I did on the clutch was move it in front of the triple tree instead of behind it.... Still looks good.

By the way, buy a molex removal tool, much easier than taking the connector apart... Just pull up on the white part inside the connector housing until it clicks, Then insert the needle end into the small hole in the white part inside and pull on the back of the wire, and out comes the terminal......... Super easy.. There is no reason to cut and splice IMO.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-Harley-MOLEX-terminal-removal-tool-plugs-wiring-Dyna-Softail-Sportster-/250891760442?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6a50733a

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I broke down and got the la choppers extension kit. I want to keep it all in the stick arrangement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts