Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to see if my crash bars are stock, anyway to find out?

1431357953356.jpg
1431357982006.jpg

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Looks like they are stock crash bars to me.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I'm having issues mounting lower fairings that was given to me. Seems the lower bracket can't reach the fairing hole.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
What kind of lower fairing do you have??

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The early lowers off a ultra or street glide wont fit from what i am told they have to be RG specific,now i could be wrong,some body jump in here for more info.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The early lowers off a ultra or street glide wont fit from what i am told they have to be RG specific,now i could be wrong,some body jump in here for more info.
His is a RG. Unless ultra is a RG?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
HD has 2 types of non-vented fairing lowers

type 1 - Fit 83 - 13 FLHT, FLHTC, FLHX and FLHR models which is the batwing and Road King model touring bikes.

Type 2 - fits 04 - 09 FLTR models only, these are the Road Glide specific lowers.

HD didn't make vented or non vented fairing lowers to fit the 98 - 03 FLTR so chances are you have type 1 which are taller then type 2.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

type 1 - Fit 83 - 13 FLHT, FLHTC, FLHX and FLHR models which is the batwing and Road King model touring bikes.

Type 2 - fits 04 - 09 FLTR models only, these are the Road Glide specific lowers.

HD didn't make vented or non vented fairing lowers to fit the 98 - 03 FLTR so chances are you have type 1 which are taller then type 2.
Thank you. Can you point me into the right direct on the correct lower fairings I need?

·
Registered
483 Posts

Sorry to say your wrong harley did make non vented lowers for the 98 - 03 Road Glide they are part # 58841-98 in primed fits 98-03 FLTR/I models

If you need a part # for a color let me know I have an 04 accessory catalog that has a few part numbers for colors in it

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to say your wrong harley did make non vented lowers for the 98 - 03 Road Glide they are part # 58841-98 in primed fits 98-03 FLTR/I models

If you need a part # for a color let me know I have an 04 accessory catalog that has a few part numbers for colors in it
So are you agreeing that my uncle's 2001 lower fairings that he gave me won't fit my crash bars due mine being the Type 2 and my uncle gave me Type 1 fairings?

I'm assuming these would fit?
http://kerryscycle.com/product/harley-davidson-fltr-road-glide-non-vented-lower-fairings/

·
Registered
483 Posts
without seeing the lowers you have I can not say if they will fit or not, I was saying that Harley did make lower fairings for the Road Glide from 98- 03 ,ironmark said they didn't I was just pointing out that they are available I have a set on my 01 .
Since the lowers you have are from an 01 they should work on any road glide up to 03, you haven't said what year your bike is so I don't know if the ones you have will work.
Post a pic of the lower fairings you have and the year of your bike and that may help determine if they will work.

one other thing, if you didnt get the hardware mounting kit from your uncle try to find it before you get set on mounting them , it took me longer to get the hardware kit than to find lowers ,the mounting kit is obsolete

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
without seeing the lowers you have I can not say if they will fit or not, I was saying that Harley did make lower fairings for the Road Glide from 98- 03 ,ironmark said they didn't I was just pointing out that they are available I have a set on my 01 .
Since the lowers you have are from an 01 they should work on any road glide up to 03, you haven't said what year your bike is so I don't know if the ones you have will work.
Post a pic of the lower fairings you have and the year of your bike and that may help determine if they will work.

one other thing, if you didnt get the hardware mounting kit from your uncle try to find it before you get set on mounting them , it took me longer to get the hardware kit than to find lowers ,the mounting kit is obsolete
I think he was just informing me that during 04-09 there are FLTR specific lower fairings, and my uncle most likely has the 83-13 (Type 1) fairings.

I thought I mentioned it, I have a 2007 RG. So, if I'm understanding Iron correctly, he's trying to tell me my uncle's lower fairings (Type 1) most likely won't fit my bike since I need Type 2 (RG specific).

I can take a photo, if someone can tell me where I need to install the metal C that goes to the top of the lower fairing, that might help set the fairing in place. I was at the dealership looking at other bikes and the lower part of the fair is alittle longer than my crash bars, so that's probably why the holes of the mounting brackets and lower part of the fairing won't line up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
the top mount for the lower fairing replaces the cap on the mount for the upper fairing , The part numbers for the engine guard are the same for an 01 and 07 so the lowers should fit .

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the top mount for the lower fairing replaces the cap on the mount for the upper fairing , The part numbers for the engine guard are the same for an 01 and 07 so the lowers should fit .
I can mount the top portion, just screw the cap into the fairing. But, the bottom portion doesn't meet up with the clamp that wraps around the bar with a screw at the end to go inside the lower fairing hole to mount all the way.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tried putting the bottom on first, and I was successful in mounting the left lower fairing. Now I tried the same on the right and ever since I've had these I asked RG for help since the right don't fit.

Left mounted with a space from the front fairing:

Right mounted, basically had to force it to mount due to touching front fairing:

Now my right blinker won't be able to mount because the lower fairing is pushing the front fairing up:

And this was left over:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts