Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I get some feedback on the stock CVO shocks -( the ones with the knob on one shock) what is the height? - how's the ride? good adjustments? thanks - FXRS

·
Registered
240 Posts
I believe the 13" air shocks on my RK road better than the 12" premiums on my RGS. I'm 240 and the wife is 110.

My plan is to go to a set of Ohlins in the near future

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
it's gonna depend on a lot of factors. some basic info, the shocks are 12''. I find the ride to be acceptable, better than the stock 12'' air shocks.

but, my wife did not. on her bike, she preferred the stock air shocks. why? because the premium are too stiff for someone of her weight. I've heard that if you're less than 220 lbs, they ride too harsh. but some people's idea of a good ride is different than others. I prefer a 'less sproingy' ride, so I would say if your less than 175-180, the premium would not give you a good experience.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I believe the 13" air shocks on my RK road better than the 12" premiums on my RGS. I'm 240 and the wife is 110.

My plan is to go to a set of Ohlins in the near future
Just went over this with a guy from Utah. He bought a new RGS. He and his wife ride two up all the time. He weighs 245 and she weighs maybe 125. No matter how much he adjusted, it would bottom out all the time and slam her spine. They are leaving today on a long trip. He gave me a call and we put them on a HD772 Ohlin shock built for their weight and riding style and now is riding like a cadillac V car. Bingo, they love the bike now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts