Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2001 FLTR that I purchased new. Through out the years I've done modifications to it, including lowering the rear end. I can't remember if I ever lowered the front end. I've been through all my receipts and I can't find anything for a lowering kit for that bike.

Would one of the forum members have an early FLTR that has a stock front suspension on it? If so, would you mind measuring from the center of the axle to the bottom of the lower triple tree and posting that dimension?

My center axle to bottom of triple tree dimension is 19 1/8"

The bike is currently in the upright position on a bike lift, with all body parts removed.

Wheels are Harley Davidson original size.

I'll check that against mine and see where I am.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Is that with the tires on the ground with the bike on the jiffy stand or with the bike on the lift, do you still have the stock wheel??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ironmark
I just updated my posting. The bike is upright on a lift, stock size wheels, all body parts removed.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
My 08 forks should be the same length as yours, I never lower the front or back and I have a 130x16 front tire. I don't have it on a lift but I could get a measurement with the bike on the jiffy stand if you want.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I took a quick measurement and it was 19 +/- 1/8, this was the right fork with the bike on the jiffy stand. Most of the time if the bike is lowered it would be 1 or 1 1/2 inches so between reds4 measurement and mine you should have a good idea what you should have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reds4 and Ironmark
thanks for taking the time to check. Looks like I never lowered the front end on my 2001.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts