Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is considered the stock height of the windshield on a 2017 road glide? I want to replace it with something about 2" shorter but I'm getting different answers from different people. I'm assuming it's measured along its length from where it screws into the fairing, but I understand there are different angles from different manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Each mfg measures their own way. Not easy to navigate. And stock windshields are different by model. So you will have to measure your stock one the same as the one your looking at to compare. No fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2017 Road Glide Special and the stock shield is 8.5" height. I also purchased the 6" contour shield for hotter weather and I just installed a 12" LRS Thresher for the longer touring rides planned for next year. I'm 6'1" and I chose the 12" shield but I probably could have used the 11" version too. It's been in the low 40's the past 2 nights here in the NC mtns and since I work 2nd shift I wanted to see how well the new LRS shield works. It's awesome and now I just need to test it out on the highway a bit since next year is a trip back to Laconia NH for the 95th anniv....

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
What Road Glide do you have? The Ultra and the Special have different stock shields.

I'm 5'11" and use a 16" LRS Thresher in medium tint on mine. With the Corbin Touring seat I see over it easily. When I put the low solo seat on the bike I see over it fine if I keep my riding posture straight up.

I also have a 10" Thresher and it puts wind in my face so I only use it for local riding up to 50 mph.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What is considered the stock height of the windshield on a 2017 road glide? I want to replace it with something about 2" shorter but I'm getting different answers from different people. I'm assuming it's measured along its length from where it screws into the fairing, but I understand there are different angles from different manufacturers.
Hey Roland, the easiest point of reference on any Rushmore RG model is to measure from the top of upper fairing vent to the top of the windshield. Then as you shop around specifically ask what that distance is on the new screen you're considering.

As you've noticed, there's too much variation in angle, curves (or recurves) etc. if all you're doing is measuring from the entire height of the windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts