Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been lucky enough to test out the new saddlebag lid kits from Rockford, and I am a happy camper! I can turn off the fronts (acc switch added) and hear the backs just fine at any speed.

You do not need to buy new lids! You do not need to paint to match your stock or custom paint job!

You use your STOCK lids and very easily cut in your speaker pods...

The kit comes with a template for cut out, wiring harness, TMS69 (6x9 speakers to match their TMS65) and grills.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would absolutely love to see some pictures of this install. If you can't post then because of Photobucket's change, would you mind emailing them?

I have added lower fairings with speakers on my bike. I am having trouble shaking the idea of more speakers in the saddlebags. Don't really want to lose the space, but it is so tempting to have even more sound.

Thanks in advance.

-c

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take some pics over the weekend. You don't lose much space at all, but the magnets do warm up...

I think lowers will be next step.

·
Registered
408 Posts
while I'm very excited about this as I'm a total fanboi of the Fosgate stuff and run/ran it all multiple times. I think it should be stated that you are an employee of Fosgate.

Like I said, all for this and would very much like to see more, it's just hard to accept that this isn't an unbiased opinion. I wish Fosgate would have chosen someone outside of the company to test these.

I do like what I've seen so far, I'm actually planning on running the Fosgate stuff on my new bike this winter.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'd really like to ride someone's scoot that has bag speakers and hear for myself just how much they're worth at 80mph. hell, tell Fosgate to send me a set and I'll sacrifice my lids and give an unbiased review of the set up. I've got a diamond audio 2V2 I can spare to power them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
while I'm very excited about this as I'm a total fanboi of the Fosgate stuff and run/ran it all multiple times. I think it should be stated that you are an employee of Fosgate.

Like I said, all for this and would very much like to see more, it's just hard to accept that this isn't an unbiased opinion. I wish Fosgate would have chosen someone outside of the company to test these.

I do like what I've seen so far, I'm actually planning on running the Fosgate stuff on my new bike this winter.
Hi Bunker,

I am an employee of RF, and did not mean to seem misleading. I may have jumped the gun on being the first to post on this new product on here as well as the HD forum. I am sure they have other testers as well, as choice of music genre, range of average speed, etc. all play a factor in opinions.

Thank you for the feedback and advise, I will make an effort to be more forthcoming on any threads I comment in or create.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi Bunker,

I am an employee of RF, and did not mean to seem misleading. I may have jumped the gun on being the first to post on this new product on here as well as the HD forum. I am sure they have other testers as well, as choice of music genre, range of average speed, etc. all play a factor in opinions.

Thank you for the feedback and advise, I will make an effort to be more forthcoming on any threads I comment in or create.
Sooooooo....no test set?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HOW how how 'warm?

like over-driven wire, sealed coil, applied resistance or chip signal...

"25 tweles (2512's) in the Trunk to Bang".......*I gosta Get Paid*
warm like... if you touch it, you say to yourself "hmm, that's warm"... but you're not gonna boil water with it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
So where are these pics?

·
Registered
59 Posts
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?id=14518

According to Rockford, the all new bag lid speaker kits (TMS69BL14: $499.99) designed for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are easy to install and are designed to mount into the existing factory lids. They deliver a cranked up output that is crystal clear no matter how loud the ride. The kits feature a lightweight speaker frame, are waterproof, and include an easy-to-follow cutting template with a mounting system that makes the installation into factory bag lids seamless.

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK, these intrigue me. Do you get any more bass out of them at speed? I already have Boom Stage II, front and rear and two amps in my '16 CVO RGU. Any ideas if these speakers would work if I added another HD amp/mounting kit?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ordered these. Should be going in on Thursday.
Dave, please keep us posted on the install. Would love to see pics of the parts you receive in the kit as well as the process along the way. A step by step is a lot of work, but some photos of the broad strokes and cuts made would be awesome.

Hope you can. Would be really appreciated.

-c

·
Registered
59 Posts
Doug at Ide Innovations is doing the install for me. There is a complete detailed step by step install video from Rockford fosgate on YouTube if you want to check that out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts