Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 06 has stock audio and the speakers are just junk and distorted.
I don't want to upgrade anything but the speakers no amp. What is a good quality sound speaker and should I get the adapter for the larger speaker or stay stock because I do not have a amp.
Trying to stay under $150 Hogtunes was one suggestion they run about $130
Any input is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
This 06 has stock audio and the speakers are just junk and distorted.
I don't want to upgrade anything but the speakers no amp. What is a good quality sound speaker and should I get the adapter for the larger speaker or stay stock because I do not have a amp.
Trying to stay under $150 Hogtunes was one suggestion they run about $130
Any input is appreciated

go 6.5" or dont waste your money...You will need 5.25" to 6.5" adapters for around $50

Then find a set of Infinity Kappa 62.11i

They are not made any more but there are a few sets out there still... best bang for your buck w/o an amp

You MUST stick with 2 OHM speakers unless you add an amp

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not seeing anything out there 2ohm in 6.5
Mostly 5x7

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Not seeing anything out there 2ohm in 6.5
Mostly 5x7

Search infinity Kappa 62.11i and the new ones come up... google is your best friend... there are some refurbished ones for around $80 that pop up

Also.. Amazon had the Infinity Kappa 62.IX for $99 and PRIME

Infinity Kappa 62IX 6.5" Coaxial Speaker System

·
Registered
8,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Have you heard the new infinity 62IX ? Wonder how they compare to the 62.11i ?
No... I have not. I just know from history that it was the go-to for a budget upgrade with no amp and I have heard the 11i's before...they are better than stock for sure

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess my concern is they are listed as car speakers to where motorcycle speakers usually are listed as marine and water/moisture resistant. I will read up on them some more

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I guess my concern is they are listed as car speakers to where motorcycle speakers usually are listed as marine and water/moisture resistant. I will read up on them some more

Most all speakes today are water resistant. No paper cones anymore, they all are some type of poly. The marine speakers usually have the xover on the rear coated in a rubber booting.
The Infinity kappa 6211i are good speakers for the money. Mine got wet plenty of times and never had problems.
They can be had for as low as $50 .

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

Marine doesnt equal motorcycle... marine grade mean water resistant.. as in for boats.

Just dont drown your bike in water when you wash it near the speakers and keep the stock grille material there and you will be fine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the new Infinity Kappas listed above.
I have them fitted to my 2019 RGS and admit I am using a amp, I would seriously suggest putting a Cerwin Vega B52 amp in, its low cost (about $120 on amazon) and will make a world of difference without breaking the bank

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most all speakes today are water resistant. No paper cones anymore, they all are some type of poly.
Most of the best speakers to use in these bikes are paper. You can add some water proofing to the paper cones to help with that and there most certainly speakers that are not paper but I would by no means say “no paper cones anymore”.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Most of the best speakers to use in these bikes are paper. You can add some water proofing to the paper cones to help with that and there most certainly speakers that are not paper but I would by no means say “no paper cones anymore”.
What speakers still use paper cones in the 6.5" range? All the ones I looked at were not paper.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I have the new Infinity Kappas listed above.
I have them fitted to my 2019 RGS and admit I am using a amp, I would seriously suggest putting a Cerwin Vega B52 amp in, its low cost (about $120 on amazon) and will make a world of difference without breaking the bank
Have you heard the 62.11i ?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have you heard the 62.11i ?
Yes, I had them fitted to my 2018 RGS with a Cerwin Vega B52 amp, great sound. When I first had my 2019 RGS I fitted Hertz speakers with a Diamond Audio amp that I bridged and kept blowing them. Decided to reset my amp and go with Kappas again, the 62.11's wasn't available so had to change to 62.IX's.
Very happy with them as they are 2 ohm speakers and give extra volume over 4 ohm speakers with my amp :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know exactly how you feel I didn’t want to spend the money for a big stereo system stock speakers were horrible so I put in a pair of J&M they sound good works great for years I still have them10 years later I believe they come with a lifetime warranty they used to be affordable I don’t know if they’ll go with your price point you can find them online good luck

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Infinity Kappa 62ix speakers. I dropped them in as a direct replacement for the stock coaxial speakers in my 2019 RG Special. I have no amplifier. They work just fine and sound a little bit better than stock. Another thing I did was change out the stock windshield for the 14" Klockwerks Sport Flare. It made a HUGE difference in wind buffeting/audio.

On my past Road Glides, I had amplifiers with various speakers (HATs, Focals, Arc Audio Motos, Hawg Wired, J&M, etc.). An amplifier with this Infinity speaker would make a huge difference. But TBH, I can hear the stereo just fine right now. I just got the bike last month, so I am still getting used to it. I will eventually get an amplifier (I REALLY like the Rockford Fosgate, as I feel the sound is cleaner). Perhaps I will keep the Infinity speakers. Perhaps not. They will accommodate the power. But for now the Infinity speakers by themselves is just fine. The reason I may not switch them is because if they sound fine without the amplifier, they should be great WITH one. If not, I will change out to Focals or the Arc Moto 602s. With the Rushmore fairing design it is a quick drop-in. It literally can be done in about 15 - 20 minutes.

Again... The windshield made a HUGE difference. I would start there. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the MMats PA601cx in my 2016 RG two weekends ago. I did have to cut into the pods to get them to fit, but put from Dynamat over after. The sound was definitely an upgrade in clarity when I took them out for a ride, but it didnt' make a difference much with hearing at speed.

The next weekend I installed an NVX VADM4 amp (and BT155 leveler). That made a huge difference! I still need to dial in the gains and fine tune.

Definitely recommend adding an amp and the LL (or flash the HU) if you want to hear a noticeable difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts