Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When the last time you checked your Drive Belt/Transmission Sprocket Wear?

Could your replace it yourself? Is there a Thread how to?

This one was replaced for good measures, thru hole, pushed little chip thru.

the next pic's are of current belt, the upside, little damage from chip rock setting in the tranny/sprocket space.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
When the last time you checked your Drive Belt/Transmission Sprocket Wear?

Could your replace it yourself? Is there a Thread how to?

This one was replaced for good measures, thru hole, pushed little chip thru.

the next pic's are of current belt, the upside, little damage from chip rock setting in the tranny/sprocket space.
I could change it myself, but I have never had to. don't know that I would though. it's a pretty intensive job. the swingarm has to be removed to change it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking to see if a Photo thread of how to would be of interest. No matter

Old rider asked if do his, cause of the $$$$ for a real shop to do it:rolleyes:

Anyways Everybody should be aware to check for debri in on & @, those stone gaurds, for not being worth a $hit, can cause damage itself.

Constructiion Zones, Chip Seal areas, the logging roads (a least we're fond of) Field Parties in the Rain (we're fond of) or sometimes the wind blowing lillte meanies down the road:eek:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Looking to see if a Photo thread of how to would be of interest. No matter

Old rider asked if do his, cause of the $$$$ for a real shop to do it:rolleyes:
just cause I said I probably wouldn't do it, doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see a photo thread doing it...

·
Registered
557 Posts
If the rock ran through in the middle and not the edge, I would run it and not worry unless you are out doing wheelies or something. I too have been stoned and replaced.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed Ugly, that top pic was a skake your head and do it, but not a the tune of 500+parts, even replacing stoned or should say check belt, sometime the tap will give it away. the pully are $$ have filled and plated a few oh and ck the pully with your fingers, you get cut the belts likely being cut..just friendly

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
My wifes low rider had two poke thru holes in th middle of the belt at about 30,000 miles ,finally replaced it at 65,000 miles but it still wasnt broken,and yes the average wrench can do it, i did hers and the one on my 01 RG after it broke,replaced it with a belt for side car use,it was a heavy duty belt,got it from HD,helps to have some special tools,like front pulley socket,made my own,and the tool that holds the sprocket from turning if you dont have an impact wrench.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts