Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent the past week swapping the bars; stock to chubby wild 1 outlawz. This was quite the endeavor and I had to hard wire the harness in order to get it through the bars...now the issue.

Radio Mode switch on LS control. While the volume works well, the push button mode will not work. I traced the wires and have continuity all the way to the radio. Is there a way to check the function of the mode button? Can I change the mode any other way? I do not want to disassemble the handle bars when I know the wires have continuity. I just need to set the volume control for my new amp.

Stop Light Switch: while replacing the bars I also changed the brake hand lever. After doing the tear down and install I realized there was detail procedures for changing the lever. So the question is for anyone that has made that mistake...is the brake switch salvageable and where exactly is the sending unit that closes that circuit?

I look forward to any input or lessons learned. Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Your mode button problem is most likely at the plug in the fairing. Maybe a wire not plugged in completely.

The brake switch is in the hand switch control. If you look at where the lever contacts the switch control you should see it. It is inside the switch control and is replaceable but you will have to pull the wiring out of the bars again. The brake switch will cost about 60$ at H-D. It is available aftermarket at an indy for 16$. Been there and done that. Good luck.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Faststan...thanks for the input. I figured out the brake issue.

As for the audio mode button, I troubleshot the harness from the LS switch through the plug in the harness; had a good connection. I hate electrical systems. I may have to pull fairing off again and trace to the radio connector. I am a bit hesitant since I never touched the radio harness. Thanks again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts