Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for ideas to store stuff, yet accessible while riding for my wife.

The biggest problem is our cellphones. As they are getting bigger they're hard to fit in women's pockets.

I would like to find something for her that she can get to easily.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Before someone recommends you wear a fanny pack backwards. ..DONT DO IT! I'm still not allowed back in that bike bar.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
13,060 Posts
My backrest has a pocket on it, that may work.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I get it completely, it's just the world we live in now. But I still find it amazing that people can't be separated from their phones for a few minutes even when enjoying time out on the road.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
My cell phone goes in the tour pac,will check it when i stop,other than a pouch on the back of the riders back rest or a rear crash bar pouch,nothing come to mind.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a pouch on my backrest and one on the left side of the tour pack made by kuryakyn, bolts to the speaker like the cup holder on the right side.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before someone recommends you wear a fanny pack backwards. ..DONT DO IT! I'm still not allowed back in that bike bar.:mad:
Lol guess I'll cancel my order

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My backrest has a pocket on it, that may work.

I get it completely, it's just the world we live in now. But I still find it amazing that people can't be separated from their phones for a few minutes even when enjoying time out on the road.

My cell phone goes in the tour pac,will check it when i stop,other than a pouch on the back of the riders back rest or a rear crash bar pouch,nothing come to mind.

That was funny haha

I have a pouch on my backrest and one on the left side of the tour pack made by kuryakyn, bolts to the speaker like the cup holder on the right side.
Yeah my wife and her phone. Maybe it should have bought her ring.

The new backrest don't have pockets which is fine cause it would need recovered to match my seat.

I don't have a tour pack or crash bars around my saddle bags.

So I guess if I'm gonna spend money I should just get a backrest for me.

Do you guys recommend the adjustable with the little switch or the regular one?

Will the adjustable interfere with mid frame deflectors?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I can understand why a passenger would want easy access to a cell phone simply for the convenience of a camera and being able taking pictures. I have made my bike a phone free zone, other than streaming music and if she can't put hers in the tourpak long enough to enjoy a ride then she can stay home. I understand function over form, but I'll be damned if I'm adding some hideous looking mount just so my passenger can stay in touch with the world. That's the whole purpose of riding.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah my wife and her phone. Maybe it should have bought her ring.

The new backrest don't have pockets which is fine cause it would need recovered to match my seat.

I don't have a tour pack or crash bars around my saddle bags.

So I guess if I'm gonna spend money I should just get a backrest for me.

Do you guys recommend the adjustable with the little switch or the regular one?

Will the adjustable interfere with mid frame deflectors?
Get the adjustable one - I would say technically it does interfere with the deflector since it is mounted there, but I don't notice any difference.

·
Registered
487 Posts
you could wear one of these for her. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
196 Posts
What does that attach to?
Buzzkill, I believe on those they can get a belt that they can attach it too or to their belt loops. Also a long strap could turn it into a shoulder bag. My wife has one similar and they are no longer called fanny packs, but hip bags? :confused:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
actually they do not interfere with the deflectors. At least mine doesn't. it mounts under the left side deflector on the '13 Ultra and is completely hidden. I'll take a couple of pictures tomorrow after work. I do like the flexibility of the adjuster, but rarely use it anymore.

·
Registered
134 Posts
if the weather is nice and don't need a coat, just have her stick the phone down into her bra, like they used to do with hankeys....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts