Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I plug my phone in to the accessory socket to charge. 12V usb adapter. stick it in the glove box.

Anyway. WHILE it's plugged in, the radio acts as if I'm randomly pressing Previous-Track button. Just every couple seconds or so. Randomly. Not more or less if I jiggle the connection, so that's not it. Same with Bluetooth on or off. And it does it even if the source on the radio is FM radio.

I ordered a flush mouth aux+usb connector to mount in glove box to connect to the back of headunit, I'll see if that makes a difference soon.

Any ideas? Anyone else have "phantom previous presser problem"?

·
Registered
941 Posts
So, when I plug my phone in to the accessory socket to charge. 12V usb adapter. stick it in the glove box.
Anyway. WHILE it's plugged in, the radio acts as if I'm randomly pressing ..."?
Remove your front fairing. Easy to remove and replace if you follow the instructions at http://youtu.be/13hSQWUaU6M

Check your Alpine head unit wiring. If it is getting power from the back of your cig lighter, it is wired incorrectly and could be the cause.

You can route your own usb and aux line through glove box. I did.

Edit: upon posting I noticed this was my 669 th post. Awesome - is 669 a "magic" number?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove your front fairing. Easy to remove and replace if you follow the instructions at http://youtu.be/13hSQWUaU6M

Check your Alpine head unit wiring. If it is getting power from the back of your cig lighter, it is wired incorrectly and could be the cause.

You can route your own usb and aux line through glove box. I did.

Edit: upon posting I noticed this was my 669 th post. Awesome - is 669 a "magic" number?
I don't believe I powered from the cig lighter -- now that you asked, I can't remember from where though.

I need to take the faring off anyway to get route the USB/aux regardless; so I'll double check my work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts