Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Street glide filler panel on my 09 Road glide. I cant figure out wher to plug the light in at??? I took the Tail light off and there is no room for the plug. The dealer I got all the parts from said It would just plug into my tail light. Anybody Know anything about this? Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
367 Posts
I installed a Street glide filler panel on my 09 Road glide. I cant figure out wher to plug the light in at??? I took the Tail light off and there is no room for the plug. The dealer I got all the parts from said It would just plug into my tail light. Anybody Know anything about this? Thanks Jeff
Did you get the proper wiring harness?

·
Registered
967 Posts
On the 12 the run/brake/turn signal and license plate lights plug to the facia (fender panel) bar light right side and the bike harness on the left side
If you have the Ultra need proper wiring

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did the same thing but I decided not to use the brake light in the bottom of the filler. I pulled the light out and painted it black to match the fender. The reason I did this is I had a buddy who has custom dynamics LED's and could not get the red light colors to match, they weren't even close. But after its all said and done I like mine the way it is all blacked out.

·
Registered
720 Posts
As I remember on my '09 I plugged it in to the harness under the left side cover. You have to cut the zip tie that holds it all together and plug it in there. I will try to go take a picture of it in a little while to help you out. Right now I am tied in to a traction device on my leg to help with recovery from a total knee replacement!!! Should be out of it soon and then I will snap some pictures for ya.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I have an ultra and installed an '09 street glide rear fender. I used the wiring from the tour pack to plug into the tri-bar light. The '09 has a wire set about 30" from the light. At some time in the future I may make another harness to run the lights in the tour pack and the charging plug. The 11-12=? has a plug inside the tail light. If you remove the lense it is located on the left side.

·
Registered
169 Posts
May want to check the tribar light they sold you. A 2009 or earlier should have the plug on the light that will plug into the existing tail light. 2010 and later they changed the plug on the tri bar and removed the tail light.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here are some pictures I promised!

I got out to the shop and snapped a few pix for you. The harness that is all wadded up in the center of the pix is the one I was referring to earlier. Cut the zip tie and pull it out and you should see the connector that the plug should fit in. Plug and play!

David

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
taillight

Found it!!!! you're Awesome man... Thanks a lot! Take care of that knee... I had ACL surgery a few years ago.. Its no picnic.. Thanks Jeff

I got out to the shop and snapped a few pix for you. The harness that is all wadded up in the center of the pix is the one I was referring to earlier. Cut the zip tie and pull it out and you should see the connector that the plug should fit in. Plug and play!

David

·
Registered
169 Posts
OK, so I wrote that after a usual long day at work…On the drive home I realized, I also have the Street Glide turn signal/license plate bracket. This is what plugs into the tail lamp housing. For the tri-bar, I put a Deutch connector on the end and plugged it into the accessory port under the seat.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Found it!!!! you're Awesome man... Thanks a lot! Take care of that knee... I had ACL surgery a few years ago.. Its no picnic.. Thanks Jeff
That is quite alright Jeff; that is what we are all here for! :) Thanks for the words of encouragement. That is what we are on here for as well. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts