Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum, I'm confused about the neccessary harness or extensions needed to complete the wiring I've been told that the rg inner connect harness #69200122 would mate right up to my sg main harness but I cant seem to find anyone that has used that part. All of the post that I've read they have all extended the wires and I'm not that comfortable to extend I'd rather do plug and play! Also I won't trade my bike in on a rg I have too much invested like the most of us here Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I believe the only difference in the harnesses are the length of the wires. They are the same exact bikes just with different shaped fairings and in different locations. If you have a service manual for your bike check out the electrical section in the back and start doing layout comparisons of both bikes. If any of the terminals are in different locations between bikes you could usually just re pin them to match what you need.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm in the process of collecting parts for my conversion, all my reading, all my research says the only difference is length like BH said. Should plug right into main harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the only difference in the harnesses are the length of the wires. They are the same exact bikes just with different shaped fairings and in different locations. If you have a service manual for your bike check out the electrical section in the back and start doing layout comparisons of both bikes. If any of the terminals are in different locations between bikes you could usually just re pin them to match what you need.
Thank you after consulting with a fellow forum member who recently completed the same conversion your absolutely correct

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the process of collecting parts for my conversion, all my reading, all my research says the only difference is length like BH said. Should plug right into main harness.
should be fun I'll post my pics/progress as well

·
Registered
640 Posts
should be fun I'll post my pics/progress as well
I'll start a build thread once I begin the process. It's been tough not to start, we've been getting a crap ton of rain and I have 80% of the parts sitting in the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts