Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,
i have an 07 Fltr.. i am looking into getting some stretched bags and tank

here are my questions
1. Who do you recommend for best quality (minimal amount of prep work)
2. i like the looks of 5" but im afraid i will scrape them.. any thoughts?
3. regarding the tank.. will i need a new seat? i have a danny gray short hop 2up (not in my pictures)
4. what manufacturer do you recommend for a stretched tank?

thanks

· Registered
2,347 Posts
My CVO came with stretched bags. They have metal skid plates on the bottom. I scrape my floorboards frequently but it's not very easy to scrape your bags. I can't speak to after market products but scraping the HD stretched bags aren't an issue. The only time I think about them is when I'm backing into a parking space and don't want them to set on the curb.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey Fellas,
i have an 07 Fltr.. i am looking into getting some stretched bags and tank

here are my questions
1. Who do you recommend for best quality (minimal amount of prep work)
2. i like the looks of 5" but im afraid i will scrape them.. any thoughts?
3. regarding the tank.. will i need a new seat? i have a danny gray short hop 2up (not in my pictures)
4. what manufacturer do you recommend for a stretched tank?

thanks
So ill answer from my own experience..

1) believe it or not, ebay bought 4 sets off ebay, min prep and nice bags.
2) you can get 5" or 6" with a beveled cut and you wont scrap them probably lol
3) Unless you want the .5 or 1 gallon extra (not really worth it) go with bad dad covers and you can cut them to fit your seat. Pain in the butt to get a seat for stretch tank.
4)demons tank (yaffee knock off) and cheaper

· Registered
1,323 Posts
For tank ideas,

Here is an 07 with a 7gal FatKatz tank, spendy but you get what you pay for, comes with a proprietary fuel pump Assy,

Another tank I like is the RWI 6.5 gal, 100% American made, takes your pump assembly, very little prep needed and comes with a nice dash,

With TopShop Viper bags,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.