Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advan Black did a horrible attempt at matching Hard candy black gold flake. I?ve read a lot of posts saying their paint match were good. Maybe I got the bad timing . When they finally came after 5 weeks of worrying they wouldn?t match. Sure enough, no where even close to enough flake. The orange peel in the clear coat was horrendous. Looks like I?ll spring for the HD at $1400!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Ouch. That's not even close. And one reason inwant HD with my lowers in the black quartz.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, that sucks. Check out Bad Dad. That's what I put on mine, and the paint is perfect. The Harley bags have that goofy slant from front to back, and for that kind of money, I'd rather have the full stretch.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I rolled the dice on an AB king TP. Paint was a good match but the orange peal was horrible and the runs in the clear coat were really bad. Good news is they took it back and refunded me every penny I paid including shipping both ways. I bought HD TP from Boardtracker HD and very glad I did.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Paul from Harley inner faring exchange luckily he is near by (Jacksonville) perfect match my BBP inner faring, warap fender and streched CVO style bags with AN stretched facia. He is a grate guy to deal with to.
Sucks to pay top dollar for poor service.
Hopefully they stand by their product.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I got Advan Black king tour pak in Amber Whiskey. After 3 weeks I got a email the paint was messed up and they sent it back to be repainted. 2 more weeks it showed up smelling of fresh paint and it was perfect. So I'm happy even though it took forever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought bags and the rear fascia and the paint was sub standard for sure. Like you, I was shocked how many guys were raving about how well it matches. I guess not everyone has an eye for paint. Mine in superior blue had less metallic than factory like yours, the fascia was a much darker blue, trash in the paint and fitment had a lot to be desired. However, they do stand behind their product.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Contact them, send it back for a replacement, from my experience with them they are brilliant to deal with. No harm in asking????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts