Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been surfing through ebay for winter projects to the RG and have seen numerous stretched saddlebags in the $499-800 dollar range. Any advice on if they are POSs or have they just gotten that cheap?

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't buy any bags that cost less than $800........

Just ordered a set for this bike last Thursday, which is something like the 4th or 5th set I've run (different bikes) and when it comes to body parts it really is a "you get what you pay for" deal. TopShop and BadDad (sometimes Yaffe LOL) are the ones I would personally recommend if your looking for just down stretched bags.

That's just my $.02, but, I only have $.01 after all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't buy any bags that cost less than $800........

Just ordered a set for this bike last Thursday, which is something like the 4th or 5th set I've run (different bikes) and when it comes to body parts it really is a "you get what you pay for" deal. TopShop and BadDad (sometimes Yaffe LOL) are the ones I would personally recommend if your looking for just down stretched bags.

That's just my $.02, but, I only have $.01 after all :rolleyes:
Agreed. You get what you pay for. Top Shop, Bad Dad, CamTech Custom, TOL Design are all excellent products.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Sinister too! You guys always forget about Sinisters. Mine are PPO plastic same material as Harleys stock bags. They are great :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, good advice and exactly what i thought. Now the decision, either do body work, or installed a Fuel Motto 107 kit, things that make a person go hum!!!

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Thanks all, good advice and exactly what i thought. Now the decision, either do body work, or installed a Fuel Motto 107 kit, things that make a person go hum!!!
Do the body work then motor.....looks are more fun than speed :p I seem to have no problem getting in trouble with just the little motor work I have

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
you definitely don't need a jet pack to act like a goof ball

it's also about the fender and exhaust intergration

I'm narrowing down a fender theme first, then bags around it

I say that like the world's oldest turtle, deciding to click the BUYNOW button

I am still impressed with top shop stuff, will check out the other brands

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do the body work then motor.....looks are more fun than speed :p I seem to have no problem getting in trouble with just the little motor work I have
I have to agree, looks will definitely make the biggest difference. I will have to get my rear fender repainted with the wife's pic;

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I like my Top Shop bags and fender however the bags where primed only and not sealed properly had issues with paint just some info to pass on to your paint guy if you go that route. Whatever route you go SKID PLATES are a MUST!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like my Top Shop bags and fender however the bags where primed only and not sealed properly had issues with paint just some info to pass on to your paint guy if you go that route. Whatever route you go SKID PLATES are a MUST!!!!
Glide69, thanks for the awesome info, looked at your pic's...nice scooter! Hey not to hijack the thread, but I see you're running aftermarket radio and went to the dark side on the rear tire.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Topshop bags come with 4 coats of polyester filler primer which just need to be block sanded smooth and always "sealed" with epoxy primer before painting...I cant imagine any decent painter missing that critical step in the process.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This what my fat azz looks like. Ness Bagger tail fender, Topshop viper bags. There were no mods done to get it to line up. RoadHawg painted and shipped them to me. Viper bags look like you drag them thru corners but you don't

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This what my fat azz looks like. Ness Bagger tail fender, Topshop viper bags. There were no mods done to get it to line up. RoadHawg painted and shipped them to me. Viper bags look like you drag them thru corners but you don't
Thats some nice looking fat azz if I might say so.

·
Registered
815 Posts
always wondered if they would drag or not...good to know they do not

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
That's what I'm talking about right there. No need for a ghost pipe when you can just show more azz. It's a look not often seen but I like it a lot. In my long term future plans lol. Great looking ride Sikk1.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts