Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep running into stripped inner fairing screw holes. I've repaired it twice with JB weld, and the issue keep rearing its head. Saw once before, someone had purchased metal sleeves that go inside the screw holes and are threaded. Anyone got leads on that?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Check to make sure the screws are in the right holes. The two lower ones are longer than the rest.
This along with trying to close the fairing gap of a mis-aligned fairing by tightening the screws to tight are the common reasons they strip. I use a good quick dry apoxy to repair the ones I've stripped. Works great for me

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I keep running into stripped inner fairing screw holes. I've repaired it twice with JB weld, and the issue keep rearing its head. Saw once before, someone had purchased metal sleeves that go inside the screw holes and are threaded. Anyone got leads on that?
My repairs with SEM or just using JB thin with tequila have held,
with skilled application and jigging the outer fairing with old leathers and curing till the tequila wears off, works.

It would be just as easy to take the brass nurrel from those
squish wellnuts and shorten the threads, drill and set, then use stack washers on the
outside of the inner. Thus sleevin

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've had my fairing on and off a lot and all the screw holes are fine. I think the secret is just gently snug, the screws are in plastic they won't back out. I've heard the tooth pick trick works quite well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts