Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6-1 tall , 32 inseam, 54" chest. I have researched so many bars and asked peeps their size and I still feel more confused than ever.

Bars I am looking at:

14" Wild 1 Outlawz

14-16" La Chopper Twin peaks

16" grip height Bad Seeds

16" wild 1 chubbys

Plus many others. Each one has a different pullback, Grip angle, width. I want at least shoulder high or below, not have my wrists turned out so that my elbows don't feel like they are sticking in my sides. I like the visual grip pictures for the wild 1 Outlawz on their website.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry, I can't be much help with any of the bars you have listed. I can only tell you my personal experience.

I'm 6'1" with approximately a 52" chest.

I ran 16" Burly Gorillas on my Road King. They were 38.75" wide, which was great, and they had a 10" pullback which was a little much but worked out comfortably as I got use to them. These bars kept my hands a little below my shoulders.

On the new RGS, I am going with 16" Carlini Gangsters which are 38.5" wide and have a 7" pullback. I'm confident that they will work out perfectly.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have 16" Factory 47 Malo bars. I'm 6.2 with 32 inseam and my seat is lowered an inch. My hands are just below my shoulders. I prolly could have went 18". The specs on the bars are 7.5 pullback and 38.5 wide. With the grips on they are 40" wide. Love these bars and they look killer too! Get lots of compliments on them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I can't be much help with any of the bars you have listed. I can only tell you my personal experience.

I'm 6'1" with approximately a 52" chest.

I ran 16" Burly Gorillas on my Road King. They were 38.75" wide, which was great, and they had a 10" pullback which was a little much but worked out comfortably as I got use to them. These bars kept my hands a little below my shoulders.

On the new RGS, I am going with 16" Carlini Gangsters which are 38.5" wide and have a 7" pullback. I'm confident that they will work out perfectly.
Hello Noble,

Good to see a fellow Shriner on here. I am member of Egypt, Tampa, Fl. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 16" Factory 47 Malo bars. I'm 6.2 with 32 inseam and my seat is lowered an inch. My hands are just below my shoulders. I prolly could have went 18". The specs on the bars are 7.5 pullback and 38.5 wide. With the grips on they are 40" wide. Love these bars and they look killer too! Get lots of compliments on them.

Thanks JayDog, I really do love the 1.5" bars but I have been researching thier bars and it seems since they are now Factory 47 the customer service is terrible. It looks like I might go with BadSeed bars but I'm still doing research.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks JayDog, I really do love the 1.5" bars but I have been researching thier bars and it seems since they are now Factory 47 the customer service is terrible. It looks like I might go with BadSeed bars but I'm still doing research.
As one that had bad customer service, I must say that was only through email. Once I called them things got worked out satisfactorily. They shipped me the right bars and I am going to put them on today. They are still a beautiful and well made bar. Factory 47's big issue is lack of communication, ie: no order confirmation, no shipping notifications, no tracking number sent, and in my case, no return authorization. I still have no idea what they want me to do with the wrong bars. I suppose they want me to call them and ask?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just ordered my second set of Apes from BR'S Custom bars, He will build them to your specific measurements, (within the bars specs). He takes the time to talk to you one on one and go over the details. Go to his website and look at the "how to measure bars video" here is the link. : http://www.brcustomcycles.com/MEASURING_NEW_BARS_UP.php Excellent customer service and product. The wait is the only bad thing,...and its really not a bad thing,. Quality work takes time, 6 to 8 weeks. I called and left a message about the bars I wanted in the morning, he called that evening and we chatted it up, got the bars ordered and paid for, he is a quality individual. Just my two cents....I'm 6'1, coming from 18 inch to 16 inch, and now to a comfortable 14 inch rise. I love my 18 inch bars on my Roadstar, but long trips gets a little sore,.....16's on my ultra classic were comfy but a tad too high for the (long haul),...14's for me are just rite for the long haul and high enough for the look I want to achieve. .Im gunna say you will be fine with 14's plus....... My two cents.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yeah I've seen a cpl people on here have a bad experience. But I will say I have bought 2 sets of bars from them and went very smooth. I bought these 16s just recently. Had them within 2 weeks. They have answered the phone every time I've called them. Guess I got lucky on both transactions. The bars are top quality. Love them! They also offer 5 or 10 percent discount to forum members. Can't remember which.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I ordered black 14" Malo's from Factory 47 over the phone. Arrived flawless to my door in about 2 weeks. Someone always answered the phone when I had questions before the order.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Sit on the bike and hold a broom stick in your hands at a comfortable position , have a second person measure height, width, and pullback, then order a set of bars that are to those measurements, and you should have a comfortable ride. With that said I am 6' and running 16" x 1 1/5" Carlini gangsters and they are comfortable for me.

·
Registered
970 Posts
+1grip angle was key changing bars for the third time. Long riding days my right wrist cramp and fore arm tighter than normal from throttle action grip angle was not comfortable for my riding posture. Ran the outlaws for a while but after a long week end trip from FL to TN they have to go.
Currently running Wild1 chubby 14" I am 5'10". Work perfect for me, rode from Maryland to Florida on a 14 hour ride no discomfort at all.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1grip angle was key changing bars for the third time. Long riding days my right wrist cramp and fore arm tighter than normal from throttle action grip angle was not comfortable for my riding posture. Ran the outlaws for a while but after a long week end trip from FL to TN they have to go.
Currently running Wild1 chubby 14" I am 5'10". Work perfect for me, rode from Maryland to Florida on a 14 hour ride no discomfort at all.
View attachment 194929
What part of Florida you are in? I am in the Tampabay area

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just ordered my second set of Apes from BR'S Custom bars, He will build them to your specific measurements, (within the bars specs). He takes the time to talk to you one on one and go over the details. Go to his website and look at the "how to measure bars video" here is the link. : http://www.brcustomcycles.com/MEASURING_NEW_BARS_UP.php Excellent customer service and product. The wait is the only bad thing,...and its really not a bad thing,. Quality work takes time, 6 to 8 weeks. I called and left a message about the bars I wanted in the morning, he called that evening and we chatted it up, got the bars ordered and paid for, he is a quality individual. Just my two cents....I'm 6'1, coming from 18 inch to 16 inch, and now to a comfortable 14 inch rise. I love my 18 inch bars on my Roadstar, but long trips gets a little sore,.....16's on my ultra classic were comfy but a tad too high for the (long haul),...14's for me are just rite for the long haul and high enough for the look I want to achieve. .Im gunna say you will be fine with 14's plus....... My two cents.
Thanks for the experience - I do like 16's but I might to agree with you about 14's. I want to some traveling and too high might get tiring for long road trips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.