Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
klock Works 14” Sport touring VS Freedom Sport Touring 16”. I’m 6’ did tape measure bight was close to 8-8 1/2” high with several inches above it ( @2-3” ) but trying to decide which will give me max flow over me somewhat style and it take from overall looks of ride either. What does everyone else think and have? And any other windshields to look at I’ve looked at Memphis didn’t care for them.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Freedom shields are hard to beat. Excellent quality, function, and appearance. Call John at Freedom. He'll set you up with the correct height.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Freedom. I love it. Give John a call and talk with him. If you buy his product you can try it, and send it back if you don’t like it. Just costs shipping if you don’t keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
You could ask for 100 reviews on windshields. There are tons of quality products out there. The right windshield for you is where you want it to be in your field of vision and what style you like. No one can really help you out with that. But if anyone mentions a fugly Madstad, then I'm gonna get pissed!! LOL

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you get the right height on a Freedom Shield, it is hard to beat. Very impressed with the one I just put on my ‘17 RGU. I know it is a bit of form vs function, and as sexy as their Sport Touring model is, I think their regular touring model is pretty darn sexy too, and all the more functional. I just can’t stand it when my upper arms get cold from the air that slips around on the sportier windshields, and this one is the best yet in that category. The extra thickness and medium shading I picked makes it look like a shark body part, not a windshield.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
14" Freedom touring in light smoke. I'm just under 6' tall and it works great for me and shoots the air over the wife's head enough that she doesn't complain about it. She's holding a white towel in the pix so the tint can be seen. They didn't have the sport touring when I ordered this one. Freedom will be the only company I order from for the rest of my bikes. Great quality and customer service.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
One thing to consider, the sport is shorter around the side edges and you get hit with some wind , the standard cut gives you the best protection, even though the sport might look more stylish, my money is on standard.

·
Registered
371 Posts
If You're going to any rally that Klock is at (Daytona this month), they will fit any shield to Your bike and let You test ride it.

Freedom will do that too, with the wrapper on- but shipping is on You.

Between the two, I personally prefer the Freedom.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm a fan of the freedom touring shield also. I started out with a 10 inch, went up to an 11, then up to a 12 before I settled (at 5'7 I was surprised but it works perfectly for me with dark smoke). I did the shipping on the 10 to 11, but then fortunately I found the 12 at one of my local dealers and they were gracious enough to exchange with me because of the 11 still being wrapped as required.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
When I got the Freedom shield, the sport touring model didn't exist. The touring shield looks good and functions great. I'd buy another.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Remember if your running 13"+ apes, the bars will hit on the 14" KW Sportsflair unless you pull your bars way back.

I have one sitting in the box in my garage because I'm running 16" apes.

Swomack

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According how to measure I’m at 8 1/2 so a 16” would do. Wish they were in Daytona this sat id drop by I hang out main st every year and I ride @147-163 miles across state and start out @3-4am arrive 6-7am. Gotta get their for that HOT donut sign on at kryspy creme LOL anyhow, I don’t want to take from the looks and style of ride, and between Klock Works and Freedom I’m leaning towards freedom but also which Touring or Sport now and that’s either of the two brands

·
Registered
194 Posts
After comeing Off of 2 previous Street Glides,The only thing I did not like was all the wind in my Face on my 18 RGS.The stock windshield Definettly looks good but dose not Help much.The first thing I got was another Windshield.I am 5/11 I went with a Klock Werx 14 in. Smoked Sport Tour windshield,Works Very Good fo me an dosent look to bad.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
14" Freedom touring in light smoke. I'm just under 6' tall and it works great for me and shoots the air over the wife's head enough that she doesn't complain about it. She's holding a white towel in the pix so the tint can be seen. They didn't have the sport touring when I ordered this one. Freedom will be the only company I order from for the rest of my bikes. Great quality and customer service.

Hi those extra lights you have on the lower legs are they good or bad

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have two windshields and they are both great!
Freedom 15" Sport Med Tint. Great long distance shield, excellent clarity, No Problem with 16" Apes.
Harley 4" CVO Windshield. Great Air Flow and fit, No Problems with 16" Apes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have two windshields and they are both great!
Freedom 15" Sport Med Tint. Great long distance shield, excellent clarity, No Problem with 16" Apes.
Harley 4" CVO Windshield. Great Air Flow and fit, No Problems with 16" Apes.
i've watched some videos of the klocks and there seems to be a lot of distortion with the way the "lip" curves up, and they seem to shake a lot in the wind.
i normally scrunch down for the wind protection so distortion would be a problem on the highway.

do the freedom shields wobble around like the klocks on the highway?

currently have a 15" HD windsplitter from previous owner; no distortion but it allows side winds around the splitter...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well I just got my LRS shield in the mail today. They were running 70% off on Presidents day sale so I said why the hell not. But it is 30°snowing and blowing up here in the frozen tundra and I am right in the middle of my bar swap so I have no idea how it works. But they did say they were extending their sale, I don't know for how long though...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts