Road Glide banner

Stumped...

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  BH#103 
#1 ·
Purchased an Oil Temp, Gauge #70900283 from Surdyke HD and I can't figure out how the Harness connector plugs into the Gauge. Gauge has 3 large male connectors and harness has 2 small male connectors...??? Photos attached, Any ideas? All Surdyke will admit is the part # is correct....

Sensor end of harness hooks up correctly

Unrelated, I have a set of powdercoated fork legs off an 04 FLHTC, will they fit my 2013 FLTRU?

Cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
So the kit you have is supposed to replace the air temp gauge in the fairing. Should be the lower left gauge. The harness you are looking at....one end goes to the sender that you installed for the oil temp and the other end will plug into the air temp sensor harness that you will disconnect from the sensor as you are no longer using it. The air temp sensor is on the underside of the fairing by the upper area of the left fork. Just to reiterate, unplug the air temp sensor plug and plug it into the oil temp harness end in your picture. That should put you in business.

I have no definite answer for your fork legs, but if I recall correctly they should be the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.