Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 FLTRXS

Is the original equipment gas cap vented or non-vented?

I have searched roadglide.org and other forums trying to get an answer. I've even scoured my service manual.

My problem is my gas cap swells up until it can no longer secure to the tank. My dealership has replaced two gas caps under warranty and will continue to do so upon my request. My dealership claims the high ethanol content in our fuel here in Hawaii is causing the problem.

I want to purchase an aftermarket cap to prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2016 FLTRXS

I have searched roadglide.org and other forums trying to get an answer. I've even scoured my service manual.

My problem is my gas cap swells up until it can no longer secure to the tank. My dealership has replaced two gas caps under warranty and will continue to do so upon my request. My dealership claims the high ethanol content in our fuel here in Hawaii is causing the problem.

As far as I know the tank is vented, the cap is not.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This might help

2016 FLTRXS

http://www.roadglide.org/21-ecm-fuel-management-systems/283490-gas-cap-2016-rgs-horrible.html

Have "had" the same issue, so has many others..

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
There is another thread that goes over the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gas Cap 2016 Ultra

I absolutely hate the gas cap on my 2016 RG Ultra. It's like it's cross threaded every time I take it off or put it on. Hard to turn, starts clicking like it's seated when it's only gone 1/2 of a turn then you have to keep cranking on it to get it all the way on. Taking it off is a bitch also. Anyone else having that issue?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I absolutely hate the gas cap on my 2016 RG Ultra. It's like it's cross threaded every time I take it off or put it on. Hard to turn, starts clicking like it's seated when it's only gone 1/2 of a turn then you have to keep cranking on it to get it all the way on. Taking it off is a bitch also. Anyone else having that issue?
Look at post number 3. A lot of people- easy fix. Just open the link and read all the posts. A little sanding and it works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts