Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and couldn't find anything so ...... Transmission top cover removal? Who's done it? Just looking to swap out the chrome piece for a black one. Part # 34521-06B. From what I can see it has 6 bolts holding it down, just not sure I can access them all without tearing a bunch of stuff off first. If that's the case the chrome doesn't bother me that much.

Anyone got any special tips or tool ideas to get on those "hard to reach" bolts? Appear to be allen heads?

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
It's been a while since I removed mine, but I don't recall it being difficult at all. I believe there are a couple of bolts that are difficult to torque down correctly because there is only enough room to get an Allen wrench on them. Just torque those by feel using the Allen wrench. It's not a real heavy torque anyway.

·
Registered
726 Posts
"There are no stupid questions. Only stupid mistakes made by not asking questions" unknown mechanic. I sometimes use Allen bits out of one of those multi piece bit sets and a ratcheting box end wrench where there is not much clearance.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I removed mine to powdercoat it and it was no big deal. Like the rest have said maybe a bolt or two will give some trouble but it's worth it.

Just be careful....very careful to not drop anything down there or you will be more than pissed. It didn't happen to me but just be super cautious!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts