Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sturgis is where my lady friend wants to go next year, should i be working on finding hotel this far in advance? will be riding from central North Carolina.

Any hotel suggestions in a nearby area possibly?

·
Registered
513 Posts
for a hotel..definately yes. when i went i stayed at the chip (camping). i put in a reservation a few months out but figured out later that i could have just paid for the time i wanted to stay when i got there. i'm sure glencoe is the same for camping. but if you are dead set and want a hotel room then i would suggest the sooner the better.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I would definitaly say sooner rather than later... I was out there two years ago and stayed at the Big Sky Hotel in Rapid City. The hotel is "biker friendly" including bike wash area with everything ya need, and your bike is parked right outside your door.

Rowdy

·
Registered
278 Posts
Check out the hotels in Deadwood. You can ride all day, park the bike and party within walking distance. Great little town to stay in while you enjoy Sturgis.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I'll be doing the campground thing myself. I can camp for a week for the price of one night in a hotel (actually less). Of course if my wife was going we would be in a hotel. I would definitely make your reservation sooner rather than later. Deadwood was a great suggestion. It is a fun town.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dragging the wife up from Florida, we booked all our rooms up, there and back...staying in RC..hotels are already pretty full

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If camping for sure stay in Sturgis. I have been going to sturgis every year since 2000 and have stayed out of town and in town and in town is by far the best. This year we camped in somebodies yard and it was the best way to do it. last year we rented a cabin in Sturgis at the days end campground and it was a good way to go too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts