Road Glide banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
Getting psyched here, just went to Laconia and will go back wed/thurs. then wait for 7/28 when I depart NH for SD.. Hoping to make it in 4 days with a stop at the Milwaukee museum.. Staying for 7 nights than riding back. I think I will ride thru Niagara falls and spend the 1st night in Canada, then ride into michigan and take the ferry across to milwaukee. gonna try to avoid Chicago at all costs.

Also riding back, was gonna take trans canada highway back from winnipeg area but it looks real outdated and flat out that way in Canada and the highway looks like 90% trucks so we may just head south thru nebraska, colorado and then head east.
Hello Motodrummer,

If you want to see some great scenery and go through Canada avoid the trans Canada from Winnipeg to Thunder BAy. Instead from Sturgis head N.E. to Duluth Minnisota. Cross into Canada in N.E. Minnesota and head to Thunder Bay, Ontario. Stay on the #17 highway from Thunder Bay all the way to Sault (pronounced "Soo")Ste Marie. You can then cross back into the U.S. into MIchigan taking I75 down to Flint and retracing your route across lower ontario from Sarnia to Niagra Falls back into N.Y. State.

We will probably be having 1 maybe 2 meet and greets in Sturgis. Watch for a thread containing dates and times.

Calgaryglide.

There have been a lot of good ideas already given. I've been the last 8 years and will go as many as I can in the future. Just bought the old lady her own bike (not a Harley for her first bike) and we will be heading out on July 28 from Oregon. Gone for 20 days. I like staying at the Chip. They usually have the best concerts...that appeal to me and I can have a good time without worrying about getting my sorry butt back to camp.

There is plenty to see in a couple of days. Needles, Spearfish canyon, Devil's Tower are all good rides. Highly unlikely you will see everything in that amount of time. Riding through Casper, WY into Rocky Mtn National forest is a good ride. One of my favorite rides is from Loveland, CO West to Estes Park. Great ride through a canyon alond the river. Watch out for the critters. Usually quite a bit of wildlife on or near the roads.

Everyone have a great trip and keep the rubber side down!

Discussion starter · #63 ·
For those who have been there many times, what are some great bars or restaurants that don't have TV shows in Sturgis.... LOL

We're going to go all around Custer National Park, just looking for some can't miss stops along the way.....

Taking 3 or 4 weeks this year. A few side trips on the way with the first one being the HD Museum in Milwaukee. Stay in Sturgis 4 or 5 days, then off to the Rockies for a couple weeks. Glacier and Yellowstone, plus lots of scenic 2 lane roads.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
From other's experience, is it best to go into Sturgis early in the morning or Mid-day? I know it's going to be packed on Main Street, but I've got to go into downtown and check out the Scene.... I was thinking maybe go into Sturgis Sunday early and leave by noon.... Thought maybe the crowd won't be in full force Sunday, might make it easier... Just didn't know how early things kick off in down town...

...So, I booked my hotel for the 75th (next year 2015) and I found fairly inexpensive room in Hot Spring, SD. over an hour away. Anyways, now just to find out where SW5 is gonna be to plan accordingly.

Sturgis is only a day's ride (550 - 600 mi, depending on your route) from the OMAHA! OMAHA! area. Just saying.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

going

blasting out in the am (28th) can't wait.riding as much as I can while there.wade,I,m comming for a sweet jane and a patch.

Thanks,I'll be flying the roadglide.org flag.maybe you'll see it.

Heads up for everyone headed to Sturgis. There is major road construction on US Hwy 16 between Newcastle, WY and Custer, SD. The road is being milled all the way down to the roadbed, and it will be loose gravel at its best. Motorcycles and RV's are discouraged from taking this route through Hell Canyon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.