Road Glide banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Planning to be there to race, will be staying at Sturgis Dragway.
Now I have to figure out how to tie the RG down in the race trailer. The fairing and cowbells are making a bit of a challenge where to tie to. The Buells and my old Dyna are easy, lower tree is wide open.
For the front, between the fork and front fender so it holds on the fender bolts. Keeps the front wheel solid and allows the bike to ride on its own suspension. No compression on the suspension this way so no slack in the tie downs as you go down the road. There's a few YouTube videos.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Heading out the early morning of the 2nd, get to the shack south of Lead around noon, off to the Boars nest for lunch, quick run into Deadwood then Cab it to Sturgis for a concert at the IronHorse Saloon that night got a VIP private Cabana so no crowd mess

Ride, eat, gamble head home the afternoon of the 7th to heal up
Who is playing iron horse that night?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Palisades
From Ashes to New
Hinder

Rock bands, but im permanently tuned to Octane on XM

·
Registered
794 Posts
I hope to hit the last weekend and then head to Deadwood for Shark Week-IX. I'll likely tent camp at the "Rush No More" campground https://www.rushnomore.com . Convenient distance from town with amenities, including "Da Bus" as an option to get into town if I want to drink https://www.sturgisbus.com/.

God I am getting old though. Few really great bands these days. Gone are the days such as the James Gang's reunion in 2006....
I decided to get a room in Lead for Saturday night 8/10. I was surprised to find a room during the rally for $65 plus tax through Hotels.com. There were some rooms left with two double beds. If interested, I booked a room at: Whitetail Creek Resort 11295 US Hwy. 14A.

·
Registered
794 Posts
In early 1990s, saw Waylon Jennings Bent Shoe Band at the Broken Spoke in Sturgis.
The biker in the corner that looked a lot like Willie Nelson - really was Willie Nelson.
He did a couple sets with Waylon.

Outlaw Reunion. We all went down Whiskey River.
My cousin and I saw Travis Tritt last year with his bodacious, well endowed wife and entourage in Halleys. They were just leaving and walked by. We had stopped for lunch. Halleys has great hamburgers and other food options at affordable prices. Halleys is an antique store with a grill and saloon next door. YIt is located in Keystone off the "beaten path", so worth a stop for lunch to get away from the crowds!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Welcome to the tank from north Florida!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Baker is sponsoring free drag racing on the 7th. I hope to make it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ll be there! Trailering the bike to Des Moines (yea, I know....), then riding up to visit with family in Sioux Falls before riding out to Sturgis. Gonna get there a day early, Thurs, to do some riding before the craziness starts. Buddy of mine scored a Air BnB right off the main strip downtown, should be perfect. Ride all day, park the bikes and walk to the party.
My first trip, so def looking forward to it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Heading out the 1st be there on the 2nd and heading for home on the 7th. Staying in Custer again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the front, between the fork and front fender so it holds on the fender bolts. Keeps the front wheel solid and allows the bike to ride on its own suspension. No compression on the suspension this way so no slack in the tie downs as you go down the road. There's a few YouTube videos.
That's how I set it up, had to move a wheel chock and add some tie down points.
Heading out Friday, should be there Saturday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First Time

We're headed out on Thursday 8/1 from Southern Utah. Going to stay in a campground outside of Deadwood until Saturday 8/10. Hoping to explore and have fun...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts