Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on doing this trek? I know it's close to Shark Week and I'm sure most rather go to that, but I'm off the week after and not before. Additionally, I'm going to San Francisco if you haven't seen my other thread, but was considering riding up North to SD and then west while I'm out on the road. I've never been, and have been told by many to at least do it once during the rally. So right now, I'm just making preliminary ride plans, but it can change. Just curious

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yep it's worth it. I got hit by a car in Sturgis of 08 and I still go. pretty fun, make a plan and go. I suggest only getting drunk one night while your there. cause there is lots to see.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Sturgis is a must do at least once. My tip, get up early and do you riding before noon or 2pm. Go back to the campground and take a nap before heading in town. The people watching is incredible.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what's the skinny? Lets say I get there a few days earlier. Is there still a pretty good partying atmosphere? Are the obligatory souvenirs available?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Paul - I have not been "early" but sure everyone will reply the week before is big - most vendors are there, crowds but not as big, no concerts I am aware of.

The suggestion to get up early, do your ride, take a nap, go out is right on point.

I actually order the Sturgis guide they have on website HUGE help.

If you think you are going let me know and I can pm with additional info.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul - I have not been "early" but sure everyone will reply the week before is big - most vendors are there, crowds but not as big, no concerts I am aware of.

The suggestion to get up early, do your ride, take a nap, go out is right on point.

I actually order the Sturgis guide they have on website HUGE help.

If you think you are going let me know and I can pm with additional info.
I'll get in touch with you. I'm still debating. I just have to maneuver around some obligatory trip, which is no big deal and then decide which trip I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts