Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first trip to Sturgis. Figure you have to experience it at least once. I will be going up on Wednesday Aug 11 and return Saturday. I plan on tent camping and would like some recommendations on where to go. Would prefer one of the campgrounds that are more of an adult nature. Had considered the Buffalo Chip but on the days I am going the rates are $50 - $60 because of the groups playing. So would like to stay in the $20/nite range. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Broken Spoke camp ground. $70 for the whole week for the 70th. only a few miles out of town. Good bar with bands some vendors, pool for campers only with a bar. They do a decent job of keeping shitters and showers clean but the party places are always a little rough. It is on Rt 79 a little north of Sturgis. Full Throttle, Monkey bar and Drag Pipe Saloon are close by. On the bad side, no shade and you won't get much sleep. Also the Drag Pipe had free camping at one time but you had to pay for showers, I think it was like $7 and they wanted you to buy a few beers from them. Cheapest beer around.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Decided to chech the Spokes website after I posted. That $70 deal must have been if you reserved before a certain date. It is $120 for the whole week now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts