Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says Those are the symptoms. I need some input. I have an 02 road glide. Those have happened twice. Both the same day. Both after the engine was hot and ridden for 50+ miles.

I'm thinking fuel system. So I need some specs for testing the system components. I'm at work and left my manuals at home. I appreciate it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Sounds like the fuel system is the problem. Your year HD have had problems with the fuel lines inside the fuel tank cracking resulting in the fuel system sucking air. Some of the symptoms of this is the bike running rough, poor idle, popping, backfiring and stalling to mention a few.
Fill the fuel tank and see if the bike runs better for a while and then the problems return after the fuel level drops, this would be a sign of cracked fuel lines.
You may just need to change out the fuel filter, when was the last time this was done.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. My buddy has an 03 and his line went out. I just did the fuel filter prob 2 months ago. This never happened before then. Always check what you last changed right? I wanted to do some electrical stuff first before I got into the asspain of pulling out gas tank innards.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts