Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres one for the gurus to think about for a moment or two.

I was surfing around the internet and stumbled on something that got me curious.

Has anyone thought putting a 6.5" dual voice coil SUB in the fairing lowers. I was thinking of dual 2ohm wired for 1 ohm each then wiring them in parallel to get back to 2ohm.

Just for shits and giggles I was thinking of a CV B54 and running 1+2 to the fairing and bridging 3+4 to the subs. My thought process was that the subs would add some bottom end punch to the system. The biggest question that comes to mind is how much of the bottom end would get washed out driving down the road. I'm not trying to make a parking lot disco, just trying to add some punch .

Thoughts? Or am I just trying to use car stereo thought in an environment that isnt conducive to very much bottom end?

Mike

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after thinking about this some more, I realize that there are a mirad of problems to overcome not the least of which is the small enclosure in the lowers, and I dont think that porting it would help.

The more I think about this the more of a pipe dream I think I have.

I know that bass is non-directional and I still cant wrap my head around what happens to the low freqs at speed, although I am starting to lean towards them not having the desired effect.

I am now having serious regrets in even starting this thread LOL.

Mike

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have had the same thoughts many times......
Was looking at these and contacted them about putting them in our lowers, he said they should work. Just don't want to spend the
money and them not work to my satisfaction.

http://stereointegrity.com/product/tm65-6-5-woofer/

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well I can tell you that Subs at speed have a positive effect on your sound. My Bro is a sound engineer for HK and helped me with my boat, 2 10" subs made a great difference blasting around the lake at speed. Now if you can get 2 10" powered subs in those lower fairings you will be considered a "Wonder Engineer" as in,,, Wonder how he did that!

·
Registered
852 Posts
The subs in the lowers will sound good in the parking lot and below 20 MPH. They will completely wash out at speeds above 20 MPH. I mean completely.

It depends on what your building your sled stereo to do. If bike night and competitive sound in the parking lot is the sound your looking for, then they can help. If your wanting riding stereo, it's a waste of money, space and will consume large amounts of your bikes available amperage.

I have 2 pair of barely used 6.5" subs sitting in a box if you need them.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The subs in the lowers will sound good in the parking lot and below 20 MPH. They will completely wash out at speeds above 20 MPH. I mean completely.

It depends on what your building your sled stereo to do. If bike night and competitive sound in the parking lot is the sound your looking for, then they can help. If your wanting riding stereo, it's a waste of money, space and will consume large amounts of your bikes available amperage.

I have 2 pair of barely used 6.5" subs sitting in a box if you need them.
Exactly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts