Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all over to find feedback on improving the front and rear suspensions. It seems new fork and shock oil may be the cheapest for marginal change and go up to mono tubes and some type of coil shock in the rear for the greatest improvement and money.
So looking for input on what products have worked for you as inexpensive alternatives to the known expensive fixes.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
It would really depend on what you call cheap, and expensive. IMO, the monotubes weren't necessarily cheap, but are a good price.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I guess the way I look at it is would you spend $400-500 on "do -dads" because they look cool, or would you use that to buy Mono-tubes & a decent set of shocks?
Shop around.........Mono-tubes can be bought for around $300 and you can pick up decent set of shocks for another $200..... Nice ones for $3-400............
Don't skimp on suspensions-brakes or tires.........just sayin................

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Go on a Diet, saves you a ton of money and no parts to purchase ;)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Go on a Diet, saves you a ton of money and no parts to purchase ;)
Nope, that won't work either. I'm 6'4". Skinny as a rail and the stock suspension on my '13 RGC beats me up. Harsh , rough as a cobb.
Soon as Direct Cycle Parts has the Progressive 444 with standard spring back in stock I'm switching em out.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Cheap!!! Save up your $$$$ & get some real shocks. There're a few mfgs. that can make them for you. Then do the same for the front. Yes you can go with a different oil, but that isn't all that cheap, unless you do your own work. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts