Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for the brave souls that clicked this thread here is my dilemma, I need about 5" of pullback and about 2-3" of rise. But here is the problem... I like flat drag-style wrist angle.

Anyone have recommendations for bars?

It seems the krome werks 2+2 sweepers are perfect size-wise but they have considerable wrist angle relative to what I like.

Any other ideas, short of a custom bar that will cost a ton?!?!

M

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Check out the KlockWerks Ergo-Bars, they make a few different sized pullback/rise versions in black or chrome.

I have the 0601-1038 Ergo model which place my hands in a natural position with minimal to no wrist bend.
http://www.kustombaggers.com/Klock-Werks-1-ERGO-BARS-detail.htm?productId=7705941&pos=0

You can see them installed on 2008 in my album. May not be as custom-looking as some others, but mighty comfy.

They also make a Sameole Bars specifically for RGs, but I haven't seen them or sat on a bike with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man for the reply

I will have to add these to the list I am considering. I don't mind the idea of apes, but it seems that all apes have a downward wrist angle, and most seem to force a upright/forward seating position. I am a sloucher, so that is not going to make me comfy.

M

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I don't have mine installed in a bolt upright position, so they don't stand out as ape hangers. But the bends near the grip area allow you to adjust forward/back without changing wrist angle much at all.

It seems the Sameole Bars are much shorter.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Try checking out Yaffe monkey bars, the very reason I bought mine besides needing hight for lower back the angle of hands is slight IMO

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have looked at them.

I don't know.. I have gone back and forth with so many different bars right now.

I am leaning towards just doing the Heritage bars for starters, being that it won't require new cables/wires, and see how far that gets me.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Wild one outlaw apes. Wrist angle is pretty straight, and you can pull them back to your desire. I know they have 10" apes maybe even 8". Very comfortable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts