Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 09 FLTR but I hate the handlebars and the mirrors are usless, I have to lean so far forward that it hurts my hands, shoulders, back & neck.
When trying to see behind me or to make lanes changes all I see is my shoulders in the rear view mirrors. I'm really on a tight budget so I'm looking for a way to fix it the first time and not trial & error to get the best fit.
I'm 6'1" tall with average length arms and using the stock seat.....

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Sounds like Heritage bars are right up your alley. They are really cheap, and from every review I have read are a huge improvement over the stock bars.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Chainsaw is right. Get the Heritage bars. Sounds like you and I are about the same size and the Heritage bars are MUCH better for guys our size.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just joined this group, love it so far, I also tried the Heritage bars, then I tried the Dyna wide glide bars(pre 93 I think) have settled on the Krome works bars and love them. No cable changes with either one, maybe just some re-routeing. Will try some pic's of the krome works.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Blacktpr, are those the Roland Sands "Glider Bars" on your ride? They look awesome. I need to change my bars out, and am not really into the Heritage Bars. I ran BR Custom's Bent Ape Killers on my SG, and enjoyed every mile I rode with them, but I am not willing to wait 4-6 weeks again. The stock bars are the only complaint I have about the new RG.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I did the black Heritage bars on mine. I did not like them at first; the wrist angle is much different than stock and hurt my hands. But I got used to it in about a week and still have them on.

In retrospect, I'd like just a tad more rise and pullback than they offer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I tried ordering the Roland Sands bars and unfortunately they were out of stock and back ordered to January '11 so I went with Yaffe bars. I spoke to Paul Jaffe directly and he under committed and over delivered. Can't go wrong with that. Very similar to the RS bars too.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Yaffee bars

I pulled the trigger on a pair of OEM Monkey bars myself yesterday... I had checked out a ton of bars and had narrowed it down to Roland Sands, and Yaffee's but it looks like I would have ended up with Yaffee in the long run as well. Abone, what did you mean when you wrote that Paul had over delivered and under committed. They shipped early? That would be sweet... I am chompin at the bit to get the new bars on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
+! on the heritage bars. I put them (in black of course) on my 2010 and it was the perfect change for me. I am also 6-1 and have long arms but I like the bars pulled back to me; I think the heritage bars gave me about 2" more of pull back over stock.

As for mirrors, try this first.....with the bike upright and handlebars straight, push the stems toward the front of the bike until you have roughly 90 degrees (square edge) from the stems to the bike then adjust the mirrors (tip from MSF). If that doesn't cut it, HD makes some cheap long stem mirrors that should work.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I pulled the trigger on a pair of OEM Monkey bars myself yesterday... I had checked out a ton of bars and had narrowed it down to Roland Sands, and Yaffee's but it looks like I would have ended up with Yaffee in the long run as well. Abone, what did you mean when you wrote that Paul had over delivered and under committed. They shipped early? That would be sweet... I am chompin at the bit to get the new bars on.
Rowdy, yes that is what I meant. Paul told me it would take 2-3 weeks to ship then he shipped in less than a week. I was happy.
The Sands bars were my first choice (I liked the brace with the holes), and I oredered those but my HD dealer returned them as they had a small flaw in the hole for the internal wiring. When we found out that was the last set, and they were out of stock, we called the distributor back and the bars had "dissapeared" in all of one day.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Monkeybars are the ones I'm looking at as well. How do you guys like them on the rg?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts