Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have the oem antenna run up the rails. I still get reception but near as good as with the Stinger. I’ve heard a couple other people say they lost it also.
Glad to hear you get it. Wish I did for the times when I want to listen to FM.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You also mention no lowers. Did you ever see the speaker pod things? They are hard lowers without the bottom portion. Look like a larger softball that mounts to the upper crash bar .

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Well guys, thanks for all the input. Speaker lids or out. Combination of you guys and the audio place also telling me it’s a waste of my money.
@Ken6217 if Lowers are definitely out why don’t You grab a set of the new GZ Coaxial’s and a SD EvoX amp a good install kit and either the Rockford or Dealer Flash or a Biketronics Line Leveler and call it a day.
You’ll love that sound from a Two Speaker Only Audio System.
Best of Luck Ken!
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@Ken6217 if Lowers are definitely out why don’t You grab a set of the new GZ Coaxial’s and a SD EvoX amp a good install kit and either the Rockford or Dealer Flash or a Biketronics Line Leveler and call it a day.
You’ll love that sound from a Two Speaker Only Audio System.
Best of Luck Ken!
Mike U.

Hey Mike, the dealer I'm working with mentioned the SounDigital EVOX 1200.4-4 Amplifier. I believe he said that it does not need a dealer flash because it has its own DSP. I think thats the way he explained it. Also recommended the DB Drive Xpert EX6NCD 6.5′′ 2-Way Loudspeaker to go with it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Hey Mike, the dealer I'm working with mentioned the SounDigital EVOX 1200.4-4 Amplifier. I believe he said that it does not need a dealer flash because it has its own DSP. I think thats the way he explained it. Also recommended the DB Drive Xpert EX6NCD 6.5′′ 2-Way Loudspeaker to go with it. Any thoughts?
Hi Ken.
The SD 1200.4 EVOX is an awesome amp. Not sure about it having DSP capability tho.
A lot of guys use DB speakers I just don’t have any first hand knowledge of them.
If You have listened to them and like them then go for them. If not the new GZ Coaxial’s get rave reviews everywhere I see them listed.
Also check reviews on Your Audio Guy to make sure he’s legit in what he’s doing.
Best of Luck Bro.
Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.

·
JMJOHN
1,034 Posts
Hi Ken.
The SD 1200.4 EVOX is an awesome amp. Not sure about it having DSP capability tho.
A lot of guys use DB speakers I just don’t have any first hand knowledge of them.
If You have listened to them and like them then go for them. If not the new GZ Coaxial’s get rave reviews everywhere I see them listed.
Also check reviews on Your Audio Guy to make sure he’s legit in what he’s doing.
Best of Luck Bro.
Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.

Very good advice here ,,, no matter HOW MUCH money you spend on amps and saddlebag lid speakers, at 75mph on the highway you wont be able to hear the lids ,,,,

90% of what you WILL hear on the highway is from speakers in front of you, not behind you ,,,,,

the J&M ROKKER 800w amp kit configured properly for your particular year and model Harley, will drive 4, 6 or 8 total speakers on the bike and perform as well or better than any other amplifier option available ,,,,,

please let me know if you need any specific part#s ,,,,,

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Ken.
Best of Luck Bro.
Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.

There was more on the quote. I had that part wrong. Underneath the amp it had:
Plug and Play No Flash Complete (14 -up)
Kit Includes;
1 RF DSR1 DSP
1 Maestro Maestro aHD2

I live in NJ. I'm buying the parts is in SC. He knows someone in NJ that he sends customers to up here. As a weird coincidence, I was looking a videos on YouTube the other day and there was a shop talking about installations etc, and this happens to be the guy. So, I feel comfortable for sure. Especially more confident than let a Harley tech do it. :)

I'll look at the speakers that you mentioned. They carry them as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I’m pretty concerned about you being told by someone that a 1200.4 “has a DSP built in”. This is 100% false. I haven’t heard the Euphoria speakers but I know they have the best markup on the market and it’s no wonder that dealers are quick to recommend them. On the other hand, the GZs are on backorder currently which makes it harder to make a sale! The 1200.4 is more amp than you need if you’re going to run a 2 speaker system and keep it that way. If at some point you are going to add two more speakers, it’s the right choice. Last thing I’ll say is that you are 100% capable of installing this yourself. You don’t need to pay someone to put this in, we can walk you through everything without a problem. If you have even the slightest mechanical ability you can do this in your garage on a Saturday morning and be listening to it in the afternoon. It looks like you’re also being sold a Rockford DSR1. Also completely unnecessary. That’s probably why he said you didn’t need a flash—because you’re being sold a DSP. If you want a second opinion and a second option on buying the equipment you need to accomplish what you’re looking for, shoot me a message and I’ll direct you to someone that will shoot you straight.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
There was more on the quote. I had that part wrong. Underneath the amp it had:
Plug and Play No Flash Complete (14 -up)
Kit Includes;
1 RF DSR1 DSP
1 Maestro Maestro aHD2

I live in NJ. I'm buying the parts is in SC. He knows someone in NJ that he sends customers to up here. As a weird coincidence, I was looking a videos on YouTube the other day and there was a shop talking about installations etc, and this happens to be the guy. So, I feel comfortable for sure. Especially more confident than let a Harley tech do it. :)

I'll look at the speakers that you mentioned. They carry them as well.
@Ken6217 if You are talking about NVS Audio in NJ they get very good reviews but the info that @cpbedor, Chris, has listed above is spot on.
He will probably recommend that You give a call to Andy at Aggressive Audio in Jerseyville, Il. (618) 410-7510.
You can't go wrong calling as You will get the exact information needed to put Your System together.
As Chris listed above there are plenty of good guys on Our Great Forum willing to assist You with whatever help You need to complete a great job.
How far from NYC are You in NJ?
If you decide to do this Yourself and run into any trouble if we're not too far away from each other I'd be glad to assist You.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

FYI, I saw this listing the other day:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I’m pretty concerned about you being told by someone that a 1200.4 “has a DSP built in”. This is 100% false. I haven’t heard the Euphoria speakers but I know they have the best markup on the market and it’s no wonder that dealers are quick to recommend them. On the other hand, the GZs are on backorder currently which makes it harder to make a sale! The 1200.4 is more amp than you need if you’re going to run a 2 speaker system and keep it that way. If at some point you are going to add two more speakers, it’s the right choice. Last thing I’ll say is that you are 100% capable of installing this yourself. You don’t need to pay someone to put this in, we can walk you through everything without a problem. If you have even the slightest mechanical ability you can do this in your garage on a Saturday morning and be listening to it in the afternoon. It looks like you’re also being sold a Rockford DSR1. Also completely unnecessary. That’s probably why he said you didn’t need a flash—because you’re being sold a DSP. If you want a second opinion and a second option on buying the equipment you need to accomplish what you’re looking for, shoot me a message and I’ll direct you to someone that will shoot you straight.
OP listen to cpbedor. He walked me through my install. I just wanted to hear my tunes at highway speeds. I went with a little 2 channel amp and MMats speakers. I can’t sit next to my bike when it’s parked with the music turned up, and I can hear it just fine at 1/2 volume going 80mph down the highway. Total cost was less than $700 plus my time all said and done. Not to mention I learned some stuff along the way and have the satisfaction of doing it myself.

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks all. I’ll look more into this. Note though as mentioned above, erroneously said the amp had the DSP. I quoted in my post the DSP separately.

With regards to them upselling me, they weren’t. I had asked him what system where he would put together if price wasn’t an issue.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I had Bridie crank up the RF stereo on a new 2021 CVO and its no joke.....now if it's worth the price tag HD is asking, remains to be seen when comparing it to the aftermarket. But it's so far above the Boom, it's not even funny.

I understand there might be a 4 Mmats pa601's/Stinger 700.4/Line levers setup for sale soon in NJ....there seems to be a redo (LOL apologies to ReDo) in the making

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
And to add, I know you said NO to lower fairings.

fyi.....I use to pull my lower fairings off during the summertime and it's a vast difference between 2 speakers facing you & 4 speakers facing you at 85mph

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
And to add, I know you said NO to lower fairings.

fyi.....I use to pull my lower fairings off during the summertime and it's a vast difference between 2 speakers facing you & 4 speakers facing you at 85mph
The good news is you have four speakers when you do that. The bad news is you have lowers. I hate riding with lowers.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had Bridie crank up the RF stereo on a new 2021 CVO and its no joke.....now if it's worth the price tag HD is asking, remains to be seen when comparing it to the aftermarket. But it's so far above the Boom, it's not even funny.

I understand there might be a 4 Mmats pa601's/Stinger 700.4/Line levers setup for sale soon in NJ....there seems to be a redo (LOL apologies to ReDo) in the making
So you going to do the RF system?

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks a lot to everyone that has commented. I greatly appreciated it. I'm going to step back, re-read everything so that I don't go down the rabbit hole and end up spending a lot of money and being disappointed as well.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
So you going to do the RF system?
Just about any motorcycle audio system can sound good in a showroom.
When I was looking at upgrading to a 20 Special they played the stereo in the showroom and it sounded real good. I knew that once I hit the hi way I’d be thinking of an upgrade.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Thanks a lot to everyone that has commented. I greatly appreciated it. I'm going to step back, re-read everything so that I don't go down the rabbit hole and end up spending a lot of money and being disappointed as well.
@Ken6217 if it was me and I knew I definitely only wanted a 2 Speaker System I would go with the New Ground Zero Coaxial’s and the Soundigital 800.4 EVO X Amp, a solid install kit and either a Dealer Flash or Biketronics Line Leveler and call it a day.
If I needed information and couldn’t rely on a forum I would definitely reach out to Andy at Aggressive Audio in Jerseyville Il and be guided by him and purchase what I needed from him too.
Best of Luck Ken.
Keep Us Posted on Your Final Decision.
Mike U.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts