Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding out to Vegas in May. I want to spend a day or two in Utah checking places out. Looking for suggested roads that are epic rides on two wheels. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somebody get this guy the ppt from SW III
I'll take anything. I've been to Monument Valley, but that's it. I know there's a LOT to see.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You have to check out Zion National Park, and cruise through Bryce Canyon. Its only a 30 min. trike off the 15. You could also cut through Duck Creek and see Brian's Head. Its all good riding if you ask me. Whatever you decide I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
If you are staying in Las Vegas and riding to Utah, make a trek out to Valley Of fire in Overton, NV which is basically on the way.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Canyonland and Arches National parks are awesome. They are both close to Moab, Utah, another nice place to visit. Swing into Moab and do a little off roading at cowboy country offroad. Take 141 south out of Grand Junction, CO. One of the best roads I have run. You can then jump on 90 towards Moab.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Do not miss riding Highway 12. North Rim of the Grand Canyon should be open mid-May. Bryce Canyon is nice. Zion is a must, but you'll want to hit it early in May before the north leg is shut down.

I'm sure that Stray Mutt still has the maps from when we did the SW3 here. But those rides were designed to head out and back each day from St. George. Won't work so well if you are riding through.

Better yet, PM me your plans on dates and travel itinerary and I'll help you plan out a great ride. I'd even like an excuse to go on a ride or two.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nebo Loop is pretty cool as is highway 89 from Spanish Fork canyon all the way down to Zion or even further south.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Here's my plan. I'm leaving Michigan on Monday, May 4th. I HAVE to be in Vegas to check into the Motel on the 8th. So, it all depends on how fast I can get through Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado. We're (the wife and I) are camping the whole way out. Hoping the weather cooperates. Lol! But yeah, I'm hoping we can haul ass the first few days.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Come across I70 and drop down Highway 24 to Hanksville. Head west from there to Torrey. From Torrey head south on Highway 12. Take 12 over Boulder Mountain and across the Hogs Back and through Calf Creek. At the end of Highway 12 is Bryce Canyon. It's only 18 miles long and worth running down to the south end for a great view. Get back on 12 and head west. Turn south on 89 to Mt Carmel Junction. Stop and have a "HO" made pie. Turn west onto 9 towards Zion and go through the park. Once through Zion you can turn back north at LaVerkin and hit I15 north of Toquerville. Turn back west to Vegas. Call me and I'll treat you to dinner in St. George if you have time. Once past St. George you can turn off at Overton and head through the Lake Mead rec area to Boulder which is just southeast of Vegas.

I'd suggest spending the night in Grand Junction or Green River or thereabouts so that you are rested for this leg of the trip. You may want to stay in St. George for the night because Utah will be an all day ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
This guy ^^^ knows what he's talking about. We rode hwy 12 with him on the way to SWIV. He helped guide rides throughout SWIII including Bryce Canyon and Zion. These are awesome sights to see. Ride safe

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
This guy ^^^ knows what he's talking about. We rode hwy 12 with him on the way to SWIV. He helped guide rides throughout SWIII including Bryce Canyon and Zion. These are awesome sights to see. Ride safe
Well thank you.

I'll be down your way in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Finally got my bottom end back and the bike is on the way to being road worthy again.

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
Looking forward to it Troy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts