Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.:D

I wish to add extended bags and a CVO style rear fender to my 2012 Road Glide Ultra.

Looking to go to a 2 into 1 exhaust pipe.
I dont like the look of the single rear exit or the idea of a ghost pipe.
I would prefer the rear fender and bags with no cut outs.
Who would you suggest to source the bags and fender from?
I have read in this forum some positive comments on Top Shop
Is Top Shop of choice for most members ?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks to all who view and comment in this thread!!:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hello.:D

I wish to add extended bags and a CVO style rear fender to my 2012 Road Glide Ultra.

Looking to go to a 2 into 1 exhaust pipe.
I dont like the look of the single rear exit or the idea of a ghost pipe.
I would prefer the rear fender and bags with no cut outs.
Who would you suggest to source the bags and fender from?
I have read in this forum some positive comments on Top Shop
Is Top Shop of choice for most members ?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks to all who view and comment in this thread!!:)
I would put baddad in the mix.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bad dad for sure, quality is awesome. I have their starched bags, tank and fenders!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Check out pichard bagger. The lines on their rear fender are really appealing to me. I'm waiting on mine as we speak. I went with their rear and top shop bags. Call top shop if you go with them. They might cut you a deal on the price of their bags or other goodies.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Details

Hello.
I did a little research on 2 into 1 pipes. Seems the shorties have a narrow power band area for torque, the longer pipes have a fatter range for producing power.
Sooo I guess its back to a long pipe and a ghost pipe as I like the balanced look of 2 pipes out the back, versus 1.
The pics of the backs of the bikes in this thread, the red one looks like it has more of a gap between the fender and the bags then the white one? I like the white one better.
Top Shops did not know if there wide rear fender fit an 2012 Road Glide Ultra?? I sent a couple pics they asked for.
Thanks for suggestions gonna research between the Baddad and Top Shops stuff.
So far also gonna go with Dragos suggestions for air filter, tuner and 2 into 1 pipe. Heads and cams to come after the bike gets some miles on it.
See you on the road!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's the rear of my rear with Bad Dad rear fender and Top Shop bags with no cut outs. Both very high quality. You won't go wrong with either one. Also there is a shot of the mod I did to a V&H ProPipe Chrome. I had to shorten the muffler about 1" on each end, eliminate the end cap and install a polished stainless turndown. Also the outer muffler shield had to be shortened. The head pipes and collector were left stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice!

Here's the rear of my rear with Bad Dad rear fender and Top Shop bags with no cut outs. Both very high quality. You won't go wrong with either one. Also there is a shot of the mod I did to a V&H ProPipe Chrome. I had to shorten the muffler about 1" on each end, eliminate the end cap and install a polished stainless turndown. Also the outer muffler shield had to be shortened. The head pipes and collector were left stock.
Great Post!!

Thanks Baggrfred! Great Paint!!!!!!!!

Interesting that the two company products works so well together!!??

Whats the reason you chose the different companies products? Why not Bad Dad for both and vice versa?!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wasn't too worried about the different makes of components working together as I figured a little modification on one or the other might be needed but no big deal. I think most of these different companies parts end up pretty similar to one another for one reason or another if you know what I mean. I chose different companies because each had features that i liked about the part. The Bad Dad fender was the "All in One" that was complete with light pocket and RWD tail light. I used their fender before and was happy with the quality. I chose the Top Shop bags because I liked the false floor in them with the carpeted inside included at a little bit better price. I watched one of their videos on how the bags are made and I was impressed with the process. It takes a bit of fudging on the bags to get them to line up with the fender. I've attached a photo of the rear bracket I made to hold the rear of the fender where I needed to get good alignment with the bags. Since this photo, I added another bracket to tie in with the lower license plate bolts then had it powdercoated. I'll shoot another photo next time I have the bags off if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baggrfred

Hello.

That bracket was your own innitiative to keep things stable and lined up I guess?

What do you think of the Top Shop LED rear fender?

Im definetly going with Top Shop bags just narrowing choice on the rear fender!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bad Dad or Klockwerks, the two best quality. Stay away from the Arlen Ness, tried to put them on my last bike, they were junk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Powerwagon
The BadDad came with a bracket but it wasn't sturdy enough to hold the bags and lower supports where I wanted so I made the one in my previous post. It made things sturdy enough to keep everything where I wanted. I'll give my .02 worth on rear lighting...I had cool looking leds on my last fender and after almost getting rear ended 3 times, I decided to make sure there was plenty of light. There are very few rear led light setups out there that I found that are DOT approved so while they might look great and have a lot of visibility at night, when the sun is behind you in the morning or late afternoon, their visibility is virtually non existant. That was another reason I went with the BadDad with the RWD light/license combo. The teardrops alongside my plate are one of the few I found that are DOT compliant and offer enough light with the sun behind me. They are very bright in all light and also have a reflector built in to the lens. If you plan on riding the bike and not just showing it, visibility is much more important than the looks. I think you will be satisfied with either TopShop or BadDad whether it be bags or fenders. Have fun choosing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts