Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone has asked, but I have searched and can't find it, so forgive me if this has been beaten to death . . . .

I currently have a 12 inch windsplitter. I love the look. In town it works great. On the highway (speeds 70 and above) I get a good bit of wind hitting me square in the face. I don't mind the wind, it's just the noise that comes with it.

I explored going with a taller wind splitter, but that would bring the height almost back to stock and ruin the look.

Anyone out there have any ideas of a brand that would let me keep the shorter look but do a better job at throwing the air over my head? BTW, I am 5'10" and ride a stock height Ultra with stock seat.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I went from a 12" windsplitter to a 13" Mako, it made quite a difference.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check out freedom shield. Just got one and like it

2010 fltrx, stage 1 air cleaner, 14" monkey bars, badlander seat, 10" freedom shield

·
Registered
654 Posts
I tried a 15" Windsplitter. Save your money. It is like this shield was intentionally designed to direct wind into your face. Loud!!!. I currently have a 13" Windvest. It is so much better. I am same height as you, wish I bought the 15" Windvest but my 2006 fairing is about 1.5" lower than a 2010 or newer fairing. So perhaps a 13" shield would be fine for you. The 13" WV comes up to my throat/chin area, direct wind to the top of my 3/4 helmet. I also had a 8" klockwerks fairing prior to the Windsplitter. The KW was better than Windsplitter. The Windvest much better than either.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Both Frankie and I are fond of the Cee Bailey TRSSC dome. The shortest you can get is a 14" but we had them cut it down to "11. (they will do a one time cut down for free)

We liked it so much that we ended up putting them on both Ultras. I am 5'9, he is 5'10.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. I keep reading great things about the Madstad, but it's kinda ugly. Then again, a couple years ago I thought the Glide was ugly. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and decide which one to take a gamble on . . . .

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but hey, Tracy B, what are the bars on the bike in the second pic??

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
hard to beat the CB shields.... good looks and good function...

Most of the other shields either Look good and work like shit.... or work good and look like shit.

The CB's have a nice blend.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but hey, Tracy B, what are the bars on the bike in the second pic??

Wild Ones Chubby Beach Bar
WO550
http://shop.wild1inc.com/WO550-CHUBBY-BEACH-BAR-WO550.htm

This was originally Frankies bike but when he converted the trike, it became mine. He has another brand of beach bars on his RK and they are WIDE. These aren't bad at all and I actually like them.

You can sorta see in this pic where the line up to the fairing at. You can see the levers sticking out.
14" apes on Lymey
WO550 on the 1st Ultra
10" apes on the next
And huge ass beach bars on the RK

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am 5'-10" and have a 13" dark smoke Cee Bailey Cee Glide which I loved for over 50,000 miles. I did change to a 12" dark smoke Windvest so I could install the HD black road glide windshield trim piece. I have had it on for about 5,000 miles now I am very pleased with how well it works when riding on the interstate. I would recommend either one of these.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Both Frankie and I are fond of the Cee Bailey TRSSC dome. The shortest you can get is a 14" but we had them cut it down to "11. (they will do a one time cut down for free)

We liked it so much that we ended up putting them on both Ultras. I am 5'9, he is 5'10.

Man they look good Tracy. Now you got me thinking about cutting down my 12" KWs down to 10" and painting it black. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks, Tracy. Love the look, but I've looked into those and Wild 1 says they won't work on my bike. They say after the fairing height change in 2011, they're too low.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts