Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my recent surgery and just prior they put me on an antibiotic that caused me to have chronic degenerative tendonitis. Issue is now Clutch use, hurts unbelievably bad. what can I do?

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Permanent or temporarily ? Foot clutch and both brakes (front&rear) both on the same hand lever. It will cost a little but worth it if this is something you have to deal with the rest of your days. Maybe a auto clutch instead.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hydro clutch? I know when I was look at buells there was a cam for the clutch to reduce the pull I can't think of the name. Tho

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that there are automatic clutches that work very well. Check out the impressive info and videos from EFM Auto Clutches, some used on large displacement V-Twins:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http://www.efmautoclutch.com/&ei=np6qUcCyBJO20AH6-YDICQ&usg=AFQjCNE2kiEZmWFCg_aAtibpYDqIMizDzA&sig2=F3_USa4K0EUdo-HuG6U8FA&bvm=bv.47244034,d.dmQ
Thanks! Had no idea this was available, I had meeting with Dr. I'll know more once I begin therapy. Might have to grin and bear it for Shark week III! I can't let it stop me now! The arm has me out of commission until I finish the therapy but hell it's also 114 degrees at the house right now. Again thanks for the direction.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Hydralic clutch no can be just as hard even with a billet pressure plate set-up. Auto or the coolest would be an air shift, but foot clutch as mentioned.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I put the EZ Pull deal under the Trans cover to change the geometry where the cable attaches. I think White Brothers makes. Reduces pull weight about 30-40%. Ive had it on my RK for about 8 years. it is great.
Hydrolic will not help. Autoclutch sounds cool but never seen one on a HD.
Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts