Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to upstage anyone, but a Sunday afternoon ride is therapy. East on the Superstition, south through Florence, over to Coolidge, a gas stop out in the desert, and then back to Mesa with a side trip into Sacaton. I wanted to see the memorial that was built for Ira Hayes. The small park is well maintained but was closed this afternoon. Ira Hayes was an American WW II hero and much has been written of him.
I am a bit reluctant to post a picture given the Road Glide is the bright color Amber Whiskey, and there is quite a lot of chrome on it. ...Traded an '08 Anniversary Low Rider for it at Superstition H-D three years ago. The original owner put a lot of money into its H-D chrome wheels and many other chrome accessories including a center stand.
1610325940811.jpeg
1610325940811.jpeg

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

A great Listen and also some great pictures. Why do you southerners torcher us northerners every winter with all of them nice pictures?:unsure: Looked like a perfect day!

·
Registered
2019 RGU. Midnight blue/silver. “MARLIN”
966 Posts
Don’t be reluctant to post pictures, that’s a gorgeous bike! Glad to see you’re out enjoying it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

A great Listen and also some great pictures. Why do you southerners torcher us northerners every winter with all of them nice pictures?:unsure: Looked like a perfect day!
Johnny Cash also played the part of Ira Hayes in the movie so many years ago. Thanks for posting the video; a great song of an American hero.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Beautiful machine. I like chrome. I just don't like taking care of chrome in the humid environment I live in.

I like tall boots, but I could never zip them up with pants tucked in. My ICON Elsinore 1000 boots are 14" from the ground to the lip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful machine. I like chrome. I just don't like taking care of chrome in the humid environment I live in.

I like tall boots, but I could never zip them up with pants tucked in. My ICON Elsinore 1000 boots are 14" from the ground to the lip.
Somehow someone earlier decided my boots have zippers. These are custom built by White's out of Spokane, and no, there are no zippers in them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The negatives I take with a grain of salt. I have a few pairs of boots in varying heights, but these are especially comfortable, durable, and protective. Further, they certainly aren't cheap canvas tenny-runners made in China.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The negatives I take with a grain of salt. I have a few pairs of boots in varying heights, but these are especially comfortable, durable, and protective. Further, they certainly aren't cheap canvas tenny-runners made in China.
If you like them that’s all that matters. F what we think. I was kidding about time to lace up those boots. Takes me 30 minutes to get dressed and put my heated shit on. Imagine you would be dressed and down the road by the time I would be ready to hit the start button. Lol

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
All in fun man. We like to rib one another sometimes. I wear a 8” steel toe boot (laces) most times I’m on the bike for safety reasons. The ones in the pic are not ones that’d be my choice but I bet they’re not coming off in an accident. Some people still don’t like the looks of the RG LOL. My wife chooses to wear Cowboy boots at times. I often give my opinion about the safety factor but hell I’ll ride w/o a helmet when I cross the border.

Anyway I checked out the White’s Boot site out of curiosity. They’ve got some great looking boots. I might have to try some of their leather treatment products. Thx for sharing the site.

Glad you’ve got thick skin, stick around and enjoy the ride. BTW I happen to like chrome and pics. Keep em coming.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I couldn't think of quite the right word, and "negatives" was not it. I meant to say, "the vibes..." or something more along that line. There's a sign I should hang on the wall by my bed for in the morning...."...Pants first, then boots." Further, there was absolutely no offense taken on my part per the various comments. I just happen to enjoy slipping into a pair of tall boots for riding. This forum does have a bunch of great folks. I would like to meet a few. And, if traveling through North Dakota while in season, let me know. There's plenty of room.
I have a '15 Limited in North Dakota, compliments of another accident when a service truck stopped, looked at me, and in that split second never saw me before heading out across the intersection. But, I survived though did need shoulder surgery. The helmet is now used when I use when sandblasting parts. The Limited is really a nice machine, but in truth, I prefer riding this Road Glide. Looks wise they are about equal with the shark front having a bit of an edge up on the batwing.
Good that you checked out White's boots. They are an excellent American company, and the folks there have treated me well over the years.
Some time back there was this Harley adage: "If it breaks, weld it. If it sticks out, chrome it."
Time to unlace my boots and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Chrome ALWAYS gets you home; keep polishing. Nice beastie and great colour.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts