Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some reviews on the SS sr1 suspension upgrade for my 13 fltrx . I'm looking to upgrade from my crappy Progressive 412 and this can be a hair-pulling experience trying to find a good shock in my price range. I really need to stay around six hundred bucks for a set and I can get this shock for 649 to the door.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a 16 RGS. I put mine on in the summer of 2016. Couldn't be happier. I got the HD springs as I am a fat Bastard. The preload is at 1.5, plenty of room for added weight. I don't bottom and the bike floats over big bumps, the best part is how the bike feels planted to the road, much more confidence cornering. Some will tell you that if you don't get Ohlins your wasting your money, I am sure they are great, but I think the
SS are great also. The downside is that it will expose your forks as the shit they are and you will be looking to upgrade them as well. If you get them you will not be disappointed. Singe best improvement I have done, and I have put 7 grand of shit into the bike.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have them on my bike and they are awesome. I've used others and these are the best I have
used. They are not cheap but they will give you your money back if you don't like them. Do a search on them and there is alot of good reviews on this site.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 16 RGS. I put mine on in the summer of 2016. Couldn't be happier. I got the HD springs as I am a fat Bastard. The preload is at 1.5, plenty of room for added weight. I don't bottom and the bike floats over big bumps, the best part is how the bike feels planted to the road, much more confidence cornering. Some will tell you that if you don't get Ohlins your wasting your money, I am sure they are great, but I think the
SS are great also. The downside is that it will expose your forks as the shit they are and you will be looking to upgrade them as well. If you get them you will not be disappointed. Singe best improvement I have done, and I have put 7 grand of shit into the bike.
Awesome, this is the kind of reviews I was looking for. And as far as the front forks being crap I'm well aware and I have a set of progressive monotube on the way. I was actually going to run the progressive 944 shocks but I'm just reading too many bad reviews on how hard they are. And basing it off my Progressive 412 I'm going to stay away from Progressive on the rear. My stock air shocks rode better then the progressive 412

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have them on my bike and they are awesome. I've used others and these are the best I have
used. They are not cheap but they will give you your money back if you don't like them. Do a search on them and there is alot of good reviews on this site.
How does your bike look on the kickstand and while riding it as far as height goes? I don't want it to set any higher than it does with the factory 12 in.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
How does your bike look on the kickstand and while riding it as far as height goes? I don't want it to set any higher than it does with the factory 12 in.
They won't raise your height, I believe they are actually a little lower than the stock position. They set them up differently according to your size, riding style ect... I would just call Brian Goscinski (sp) at supershox and he will answer your questions and get you hooked up with exactly what works for you. You can buy factory direct.

Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Registered
435 Posts
They won't raise your height, I believe they are actually a little lower than the stock position. They set them up differently according to your size, riding style ect... I would just call Brian Goscinski (sp) at supershox and he will answer your questions and get you hooked up with exactly what works for you. You can buy factory direct.
I felt like they did raise the bike a little, but I liked that if it were practical I would have motocross travel in mine, not fun at stops but oh well. Maybe they just felt more solid and that's why they feel taller. I never actually did a before and after measurement.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If you can wait till the end of summer for the 115 you could probably get a set and install for $500. I believe that was the local deal at the last Milwaukee rally. Or drive your scooter to Chicago and I'll walk you right into the front door and then we can go throw some miles down.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have the 13” ss on my 04. They sit like 12” shocks. I ride two up towing a trailer so I exercise the shocks quite well. Sitting
at 4.5 I have much room to grow. World of difference in the handling and ride. The Mrs broke her neck many years ago and lives with pain, and jarring makes it worse. Last year after I installed them we did shark week in NC and she wants to ride to Colorado this summer.

04 RG

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I had them on my 12, they were great shox! Progresive monotubes on the front, it was a good set up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've said this a few times - I've had the Ohilins they were / are a great shock - but they are costly - I decided to try the SS premiums - best decision I could have made they are great and a great company to deal with......

Reactions: flhman

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the 14” on my 16 RGU. They run awesome. I had the 13”SS and liked them but wanted more travel so I can run a little softer. The 14” can be ran super Cush and don’t bottom out. When ran at speck to the weight chart they are comfortable and sporty.
Brian’s customer service is outstanding. American manufactured and a small business. Everything I love to support. Looking forward to the front end one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ihave a set of SS on my 15 RG....love 'em and no difference in seat height/bike stance....maybe a bit lower than factory, but not much. Ride is 100 percent improved over stock air system. Good luck with your decision!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts