Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ordered the SuperTrap 2 into 1 system for my new RGS along with SE stage IV, SE Ventilator intake and a few other goodies.

Very subjective but I know I will soon be asked how many disks I want to start with.
SuperTrap say start with 20 or more and remove a few at a time until the perfect torque curve is lost, then put a few back in for best power.
Or, for quiet running start with 12 and add until a good torque curve is found.
Seems you would end up in the same place either way:confused:

I'm not spending all that money for no increase in output but this bike needs to be quiet enough to get around my whole country with out tangling with the law.

Any body have any experience or useful knowledge on how loud 12 disks is and would 10 be OK maybe.
John

·
Registered
155 Posts
I started with 16, went down to 12. Quiet enough until I get on it , sounds good then, it's easy to adjust to your liking.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I still run the stock system. If your worried about being compliant and quiet, save the money and run stock. Otherwise stick to what Supertrapp recommends but I would switch to the open disks. I can't stand the thought of plugging up my exhaust with butt plugs. :eek:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
51 Posts
agree with crossbone, start with 20 discs and drop 5 at a time to get the sound you like, when you get close then add or subtract 2 at a time. The open end cap equals 8-10 disc with the closed end cap. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Most dyno sheets I've seen were running 19-16 disks. Check out Woods Cams website. Alot of dyno on the site. The more disks the louder. It's a tunable exhaust that's why it can be played with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts