Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Super Tuner at Tripps in Amarillo. I was on the road w/tuning issues. They told me i would have to get the software from my dealer, if i could. Is there more than one tuner available. I thought i had seen one for $250 and one for $500 on the HD website. I paid $550 for the tuner and one download? Did I get ripped off?

Who can answer these questions and where can i get the software?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The hard truth is yes you did.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not necessarily. there are 2 tuners available. I believe the cheaper one only uses caned maps and the more expensive one you can have custom maps tuned to your specific bike.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Not necessarily. there are 2 tuners available. I believe the cheaper one only uses caned maps and the more expensive one you can have custom maps tuned to your specific bike.
Correct, the cheaper one is really nothing more than canned tunes. The Pro-Super Tuner (the more expensive one) allows for custom tuning. The software is in the Screamin Eagle Catalog, and you can order this from any dealer. The software will allow you access to be able to tune the bike yourself. However, if you don't feel comfy w// doing your own tuning, then most dealers should have the capability of tuning for you. You don't have to buy the software for the dealership to tune your bike. But if you are intrested, the part number is: 32111-12 w/a retail price of $34.95. However, you would also need to but the cable kit, part #: 32184-08a (retail of $45.95). There is also a training dvd that is available, part # 32101-10 (retail of $39.95).

·
Registered
62 Posts
He paid $550 for the street version then yes he did get taken. You can buy the pro version all day long for under $500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts